Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im fairly sure i know the answer to this, but i thought i would give it a whirl here first, the 6006e i have is the indash 6cd thang, i think its the visteon unit, can i connect an ipod or generice MP3 device to it? Or am i looking at sticking my old kenny mp3 head unit in?

·
Big Megger
331 Posts
You can get an adapter that plugs in the cd changer socket on the rear which allows auxillary inputs to be used - phono/3.5mm jackplug etc,seen them on fleabay so you can probably get at halfords etc.They suit all rds 3/4/5/6000 models.

·
Just me
19,673 Posts
Don, you got me looking into this now.

You could get one of these
Link

I am looking too as I have a 6006e

·
MEG Corporal
1,175 Posts
Check the back of your 6006e as not all of them had a changer socket......this lead MUST be connected to a changer socket to work

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im gonna whip it out and have a look shortly, but i dont think the 6006e has that changer socket...might stick the Kenny back in it, not sure.

·
Just me
19,673 Posts
Would you mind taking a pic while you there ?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
damn didnt see this till after i whipped it out

no extra connector, just the normal ford audio outs for speakers and input plugs, no RCA or extra cd in

Looks like thats dead in the water then

·
Just me
19,673 Posts
Never mind then. I could not even get my HU out when I tried on Sunday :(

·
Megger
238 Posts
Donjuan,

Apologies for gatecrashing your conversation...but I have an unhappy 6006e unit, it has swallowed two CDs and refuses to acknowlege the fact, and now shows Error when I try to load. In esscence it's 'buggered'.

If you decide to change yours for your other headunit, would you considder selling it onto me?

Cheers

Jon :D

·
MEG Corporal
533 Posts
I clearly don't know how old your unit is but a couple of things you can try

1. If still under warranty Fraud will change it - it's a known problem!!!
2. Remove the radio fuse (you need to know the code!) for an hour or so and then try to turn back on: this sometimes works
3. If you can get them out NEVER leave CD's in the unit after switching off

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i found a how-to on removing CDs from the Muncher as its known, you have to take the top cover off and retrieve the disks that way, but i would go the Fr0d route first....

Dont know if im going to keep the unit or flog it, the 6006e after 2002 are apparently unaffected(thats mine then, lol)but i have a Mio168 incoming and i wont be able to use its mp3 funstionality if i havent got it plummed in to the system....
choices choices!

Its a fuck to get out too!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts