Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently bought a 2001 Y reg. 2.0 Mondeo Ghia X (new shape). It is fitted with a 6006E audio system, but the CD player seems to be temperamental. Sometimes a CD plays perfectly, sometimes tracks are played with jumps every few seconds, and sometimes Error code E4 comes up with no CD play at all. I have eliminated the obvious by using the same CD, or trying different ones, but there is no consistency. All CD’s played perfectly in my previous Honda, but maybe this system is very sensitive or faulty. Any help or tips very much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Just me
18,998 Posts
They are very sensitive. I found that my old one would only work correctly when playing real cds, ie not copies.

If you do make copies, then burn them on a slow burn setting, this helped with mine.

Oh, and welcome to MEG :L

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip and the welcome.
All my CD’s are shop bought pre-recorded (no home-made one’s), and have always been faultless, so this makes me almost certain that it is the player and not the CD’s. Is it worthwhile my buying a CD cleaner, or just wiping a tissue over them ? Or is there a product that cleans the CD player ?? I can’t believe I am the only one with this problem.

·
Just me
18,998 Posts
In that case I would think it might be the player that has issues.

You can get cd cleaners for both the cds and the players, not used them myself though

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.