Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Megger
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

My 98 1.8TD failed it's smoke emission test during the MOT. It measured 3.2 when the limit was 3.0.
The examiner told me to run 2 bottles of injector cleaner through a 1/4 tank and drive it quite hard taking it up to 4000rpm in 3rd gear etc. But his recommended dose is equal to running 8 times the recommended dose on the bottle!
Is there a chance I'll damage my fuel pump due to lack of lubrication etc?

Thanks

·
The never ending project is close to finishing
829 Posts
USE 10K BOOST available from halfords, works wonders! Make sure you get the diesel version, just used the petrol one on a fiesta HSC engine, Co was up at 5.34 :whistling: when max was 0.30!! Hc was over also. Sprayed this stuff in a took it all well down¬ Co went down 0.11 :L

·
Now in the Far East...
2,727 Posts
gaz812uk said:
mix in 25% veg oil, it wont hurt the car at all, and will bring your emissions down 20-25%... :L
well i would only say that is a last measure.... bear in mind the lucas pump in the mondeo doesn't like veg oil at all...

And that's the main reason i am still running on forecourt diesel than SVO....

Phil

·
Registered
205 Posts
tonygreen said:
Hi,

My 98 1.8TD failed it's smoke emission test during the MOT. It measured 3.2 when the limit was 3.0.
The examiner told me to run 2 bottles of injector cleaner through a 1/4 tank and drive it quite hard taking it up to 4000rpm in 3rd gear etc. But his recommended dose is equal to running 8 times the recommended dose on the bottle!
Is there a chance I'll damage my fuel pump due to lack of lubrication etc?

Thanks
Nope wont effect the car in anyway i have run cars on that to get me to the petrol station before. It will get the emissions down do it just b4 you goin back for the retest.

·
MEG Corporal
1,019 Posts
we use forte at work,
used it on 306d which was hard starting, would'nt rev, & smoked.
filled the filter up twice & was gob smacked at the result !
(i was about to change the pump)
give it a go ! what you got to lose ?

·
Now in the Far East...
2,727 Posts
it will definitely smell different... and they won't really mind unless i think..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.