Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Conversmod & Powermod UK Install & Support
2016 Mondeo mk5 Titanium 2.0 TDCI 180ps
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok long story short - I've just replaced all the front suspension (bar the springs) on my mk4 mondeo, replaced the rear shocks, re-aligned the front subframe as it was out, and had to new tyres fitted (a Costco job, so they moved the 6 month old tyres on the back to the front and new ones put on the back as per guidelines). All matching tyres (Bridgestone Potenza S001) balanced etc.

Had the alignment done at a hunter alignment centre in Liverpool today - they said everything was bob on with the front subframe, but it looks like its a bit out to me? car feels ok, but steering wheel is off to the left (between 11-12 on a clock face out). They've put a note on the bottom saying the front tyres show signs of wear and that may cause pulling and off centre wheel, but i can't see anything really.

Can anyone have a look and the printouts and give me their thoughts please?

Font Parallel Publication Paper Pattern

Product Font Design Event Machine

Attachments

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Hi

Why is wheel out? Alignment should of been checked with steering wheel clamped in central position. Check to see if steering rack is central, put a couple of old magazines under front wheels. This will reduce friction and help wheels turn without loading suspension and tyres. You can then turn wheel slowly to each side. Mark wheel with pieces of tape to see if rotation is same on both sides.

Why do you think subframe needed realigning, had car hit a curb and knocked things out of alignment.

Peter

·
Conversmod & Powermod UK Install & Support
2016 Mondeo mk5 Titanium 2.0 TDCI 180ps
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Basically the clutch was done by a garage I thought were ok - so I let them do the steering rack/pump etc as well. After several new racks and pumps and new front suspension it turns out they weren't... when I was putting right the last of the 'work' they did at the weekend I checked they had put the subframe back on straight (had to remove the subframe bolts to replace the now bent reinforcement plates) and put the alignment pins in...to find it was that far out i could even get the pins near the chassis holes! That kind of added up with the fact that the front tyres had scrubbed to hell in the 3 weeks since they did it.

I have checked at the rack does have equal turns each way (after the second attempt - they had to keep the car a second day because they'd forgotten to do that the first time and couldn't align the car lol).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.