Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on a dark campsite in the Lake District when a bit boulder jumped out at me suddenly as i was parking at 0.5mph.. It has dented my passengers door but luckily not damaged any other panels at all.

I managed to buy the right colour door on ebay for £10! (costing me £35 to pay my mate to bring it from cornwall to north wales on his return home for xmas though).

Has anyone got any info or tips on the best way to change these doors as the haynes manual is lacking in info somewhat!

Thanks..

·
I'm Bang Tidy
9,548 Posts
Aye,but it was dark. :surprised:

I have changed all 4 doors on a sierra once.
It is just a case of un plugin the electrics
within the doors,pulling the loom out of the door.
I un bolted mine from inside the the car.
It is quite a fiddly job.And the door needs to be
aligned properly,you might have mess around with
the striker plates on the pillar.
Just have a go you can't hurt anything.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was trying to manouver into a tight parking spot on a field in the total black... gave up on one space and when i went to reverse and turn i hadn't realised there was a big rock right by my passengers door out of sight. When i slowly reversed it just crumpled the door!

The campsite shouldn't have put it there really but i guess cars are parked at owners risk so nevermind.

The haynes manual says to pull the hinge pin out of the hinge, but should i be unbolting the hinge its self?

·
MEG's Resident Removal Man
2,220 Posts
changing the doors is easy. Pretty much bolt of bolt on jobby.

Best to remove the door via the hinges at the door - 10mm hex bolt - and unscrew the multiplug in the space between pillar and door.

jcth1

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just tried to fit my replacement door but it seems it is never going to fit flush. The replacement just doesn't seem the same shape as my old door and there isn;t enough adjustment to make it fit :(

Will go and put the original back on now so i can drive to work tomorrow :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.