Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After reading lots of post and being able to find the fault on the ac system I am now stuck.

I bypassed the low pressure switch and the ac clutch engaged with the engine fan coming on etc perfect,

question is if I just pump a load of recharge in should it then work? obviously as long as there's no leaks and the seals are in good condition.

or do the switches/sensors pack up on these?

thanks in advance nathan

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Depends why there's no refrigerant in it. If it's got a leak it'll just come back out again. Venting refrigerant to atmosphere is dangerous and pollutes. It's nasty stuff.

You need to take it somewhere so they can out the system under vacuum first. If the system holds vacuum for a decent amount of time it's safe to fill it up. Note that not all leaks will cause immediate vacuum loss.

The system also needs to be vacuumed to get rid of moisture. The system should also be charged back up by weight. Charging by pressure isn't as accurate and pressures vary greatly with ambient temp.

Posted Via The Free TalkFord.com App

·
Registered
5,525 Posts
Not normally a kwikfit fan (!) But had car done lasr year. 50 quid so not particularly cheap but no aircon no fee. Proper vac out, not bloke weilding aerosol.

Reactions: BunkerMan
1 - 3 of 3 Posts