Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having some trouble ordering parts for a radio swap on my Mondeo, all of the steering wheel control adaptors I've been able to find only list the 6000CD and visteon players, should they still be compatible with my system or do I need to keep searching?

·
Super Moderator
31,294 Posts
We don't know what you have?? What year is it? Face lift or Pre-Facelift? Which unit do you have fitted currently?

What are you looking to replace it with?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We don't know what you have?? What year is it? Face lift or Pre-Facelift? Which unit do you have fitted currently?

What are you looking to replace it with?
My bad! I was a bit distracted when I made the post... its a 2005 mk3 face-lift (the ghia model if that makes a difference), the current unit is the original sony cd player (I'll upload a pic) I'm looking to change it with a pioneer single din unit and have found all the necessary parts, other than the steering wheel controls adaptor.
Vehicle Radio Audio equipment Motor vehicle Media player

·
Super Moderator
31,294 Posts
Should have the standard quadlock connector 2 smaller plugs at the bottom are the wheel controls.

As long as the kit you buy is for the facelift car it should be all good. I fitted a handsfree kit from a VW Golf
which was identical except those 2 wheel control connectors. £6 off ebay for the 2 wires and all sorted.

·
Super Moderator
31,294 Posts
Don't forget the Sony stereo is angled downwards, a replacement headunit may not fit if its the standard depth.

Sony Stereo Angled.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts