Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been meaning to put this on for a while...

I had an accident late last summer requiring the car to be repaired by my insurance company.

All seemed well, the accident happened Sunday afternoon and the car was collected first thing on Monday morning.

This is where it all started, and there will be another post shortly on the bodyshop's performance too.

From my personal experience, I can honestly say that Admiral have to be the worst company I have ever dealt with.

Basically, Admiral's customer service is appalling.

I had to constantly chase them to find out what was happening with the the claim and wasn't called back when I was told I would be.

My case handler changed 3 times (from memory).

They employed an independent engineer to inspect my car a second time after I rejected it, who told me under no uncertain terms that he was the expert when I disagreed with his assessment of the car.

I had to chase Admiral for over £300.00 that I had to personally spend to still put the car right after I finally picked it up.

It wasn't until I started threatening them with legal action that they paid me the money they owed me, and a small amount to make me go away as I was also fighting to get the car repaired properly. I only stopped as the whole saga was upsetting my girlfriend.

I still don't know who is to blame for the accident, although I was told at the end of November that they would have an answer that week.

That last phone call in November was also prompted by the discovery of water in the passenger footwell which wasn't present before the repairs.

They did tell me to get a quote and they would see if they could authorise repairs as they could understand why I didn't want to use their authorised repairers.

To be fair, I haven't bothered with this as my girlfriend doesn't want the grief caused by trying to deal with Admiral again to get it put right.

So there you are, Admiral were the cheapest insurance company I found and it shows - they use c*ap bodyshops and the don't know what customer service is. Even when complaining, they don't seem to care.

To summarise, I now have a leaking car which now blatantly looks like it's been in an accident; I spent far too much time writing letters, making phone calls, taking time off work, getting stressed, etc.; I still don't know who is to blame for the accident.

It happens time after time, you give your money to a corporate giant, who like so many other big companies survives by f :BEEP: ing the people who got them there in the first place.

If any Admiral employess are reading this, then please pass this onto your customer service/complaints department and I would be happy to talk to someone about it.

Cheers,

Nick

·
Spanner Monkey!
2,652 Posts
i had fun with them too, although was customer services and mods!!

they charged me to replace my air filter, but wouldnt replace it if it got damaged. loads of calls etc.

also adding temporary vehicle on cover (my mums estima) and they accepted it the first 2 times, but then refused it, got it sorted (people cant get one over on me when it comes to car insurance)

customer services is appauling with them! :thumbdown:

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
check out the insurance ombudsman , got to be worth a look i reckon :L

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So that's 2 unhappy customers...

Paul, I was going to try the ombudsman (included it in my threats of legal action), but I just haven't got the energy to deal with it anymore.

My view is the worst kind of publicity is bad publicity. If Admiral choose to treat their customers badly then I am happy to bring it to the attention of as many people as possible.

On a side note, the car is now in my girlfriend's name and the insurance is with Direct Line, who she has been with in years. She's had one accident and a break in (in a Golf GTI she had before we met) while she's been with them and was happy with the service she received on both counts.

Nick

·
Premium Member
19,696 Posts
there staff dont seem to like you ringing up & enquiring about them revising the renewal quote either ( or maybe that pleasure was all mine )

was with them last year on a 10 month policy as it was the cheapest option by far when starting from 0 NCB & when it came to renewal they had me on one of them auto renewal thingies & the price of renewal was silly compared to the 12 month policy prices i was now getting with other companies.

rung em up & told them the prices i had been getting & they said well your now on a 12 month policy & here's your new monthly payments ( the numbers were rattled off @ lightning speed ) when asked what the total price now was a couple of times ( they never mentioned the total price at all until i pushed for it ) i got told & it was even higher than the price i was unhappy about to begin with but this seemed to not matter to the person on the other end of the phone.

I asked if they could match/beat the quote i had informed them i had been given as i was not happy with the current quote from them to be told the price you have is our best price ( got the impression they did not believe i had a quote £200 cheaper than theirs ) so i got the renewal cancelled & also made sure the direct debit was cancelled too just to be safe when i next visited the bank.

·
Premium Member
4,192 Posts
I hate insurance companies. They take your money but constantly battle over really pathetic issues that frankly cost bugger all but cause you considerable greif and inconvenience.

Be wary about using "approved" body shops. this just means that they have a cost agreement with them and a proceedure for giving instructions. Most policies still allow you to take the car to a repairer of your choice. You'll be told by the insurance company that you won't get a courtesy car, but all body shops now offer this.

Stand your ground. be firm but fair. provided you are reasonable in what you ask for, you have nothing to fear from taking them to the small claims court.

By the way :

ADMIRAL = ELEPHANT - THEY ARE THE SAME COMPANY.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bin_Man said:
By the way :

ADMIRAL = ELEPHANT - THEY ARE THE SAME COMPANY.
I know, I had been chopping and changing between them for the past few years because each one offered a better introductory offer than sticking with the other when it came to renewal time.

I pointed this out once and said that it would obviously be easier to stick with one company to save paperwork, etc.; I was told that if the other company offers the better deal then go with them!

With regards to the bodyshop that did the work, I was told by Admiral that their labour charge is £25.00 P/H - a mate of mine reckons that about £40.00 P/H is the rate at a good boyshop.

To put it in perspective, I install hi-fi & home cinema equipment and my time is charged at £45.00 P/H!

The bodyshop also told me that they are given an alloted amount of time to finish the job by the insurance company. To me, that means rush it and do a crap job, which they have done.

Oh, the bodyshop in question is Sudbury's Panel & Paint in Swindon.

Follow the link below to find out the quality of their workmanship...

http://www.fordmondeo.org/forum/showtopic.php?tid/725059/

I'm not chasing it anymore, I'm happier just pointing out how pathetic and awful Admiral are, so hopefully it'll cost them more in lost business...

Cheers,

Nick

·
AWOL
1,859 Posts
You get what you pay for guys.

Cheap insurance = cheap service.

They have a high churn rate of both staff and customers.

If you spend ages just trying to find the cheapest quote don't expect high service.

It's far better to spend a bit more with someone you know are going to look after you.

·
Premium Member
4,192 Posts
After spending 3 hours on the phone to some total muppet in India and then another 3 calls to a bloke in Canada (yes really) who couldn't find his arse with an atlas, I have given up trying to renew with them.

There are things living under rocks behind my garden shed that could more competently deliver insurance products.

A complete shower of b'stards.

:angryfire: :angryfire: :nunu: :nunu:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.