Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just bought a 64 plate KA studio+ and was driving it when it beeped and a message appeared on the dash "Airbag system fault, see handbook". This cleared after a few seconds and I don't think the airbag light came on but i can't remember. Any Ideas what could be causing this?

· Super Moderator
31,912 Posts
You will need to get an OBD reader on the car and see what faults are stored.

Adjusted the seat recently? Hit and bad potholes or anything to shake an electrical

connection?

· Registered
18 Posts
Hi did you ever fix this?

I have an Modified ELM that works with my mondeo mk4 but cant get it to work with the ka2. I have tried the Fiat software (as the KA2 was built as a join venture with Fiat) too (multiecuscan) but cant get it to connect.

Any recommendation for a scanner that will reset airbag (srs) codes for the KA2 appreciated.

· Super Moderator
31,912 Posts
Airbag codes often dont need to be reset. Clear the fault and the code will clear itself.

· Registered
18 Posts
I have cleaned the connector under seat no joy. So disconnected the battery and charge / repaired it for 7 hours. Showing SOH 100% and connected no light.

Wife went out in if for a 30 minuute drive when she got back in light back on. I have just tested battery and still 100% SOH and also 98% SOC.

It's weird, I have managed to get multiecuscan (fiat software) to connect to the Ka2 and check the airbag and it reports no faults so I don't get the option to reset the light.

We have had the car from new so know it's history. So puzzling.

· Super Moderator
31,912 Posts
Probably need to have the OBDII scanner active when it throws the code, as I mentioned previously the airbag
light will go out and codes reset when the fault is fixed.

If its intermittent it may have cured itself before you try and read the code. Split second loss of contact to throw the
light but further tests fails because its not making a connection?

· Registered
18 Posts
OK thanks. I have read that it might be the battery. Maybe it's a voltage drop when it's started that is detected. The battery is under warranty so might get it tested or just buy a new one as it's just over 3 years old now (old one lasted 9 years+ )

· Registered
18 Posts
OK I think I am getting somewhere, I charged battery overnight (without disconnecting and light went off).

Came back on again after a couple of trips so put a new battery in and light went off. A couple of trips later Airbag Yellow Light back on.

Put Fiat multiecuscan on again and Airbag ECU no errors but did a full scan and found a recent error:

Errors found:
B1000-49

1 - 10 of 10 Posts