Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Decided to run Forescan and it came up with an Air Temp Sensor Circuit High Bank 1 error so went on line and ordered the part according to the Reg No: but where the hell is it? Iv'e had a good scoure around but cant see it anywhere!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ambient air temp sensor or Intake air temp sensor? What size engine do you have?

I have the 2.0Tdci so can only advise on that.

Intake Air Temp sensor is circled in red below.

If it's the Ambient Air Temp sensor it could be below the drivers side headlamp or up against the front bumper grille on the passenger side, low down, you'd need to remove the front plastic undertray for access, or the drivers headlamp depending on where it is. There was a TSB for moving that ambient sensor so could be in either place.

Automotive fuel system Motor vehicle Automotive air manifold Vehicle Auto part

·
Registered
57 Posts
So it's the intake air temp sensor you're looking for?

I'd just follow the intake path from after the MAF and around the manifold, if you're unsure look for part numbers written on any sensor you find and enter the number online to see what sensor it is

·
Registered
57 Posts
Copy and paste from another thread asking the same question - "On 175hp engine, the temp sensor is located in the throttle body - right above where the curved charge air hose connects to the body. There are two separate sensors in the t-body - the other is charge pressure sender"

·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Copy and paste from another thread asking the same question - "On 175hp engine, the temp sensor is located in the throttle body - right above where the curved charge air hose connects to the body. There are two separate sensors in the t-body - the other is charge pressure sender"
Brilliant, great find BlakeS94, I'll go take another look 🧐

·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Success!!! Finally found it, tucked away on the throttle bodyand partialy hidden by the dip stick (no coments please lol) and the cabeling for the boost sensor! And for anyone else looking for it, here it is!
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle chain Bicycle part Rim
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle chain Bicycle part Rim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts