Ford Automobiles Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm going to be getting my 2015 Ford Mondeo Mk5 2.0 Diesel Air-Con regased, and have it booked in to have it done on Monday, but they can't tell me without looking at it if it's the R134A or the more expensive R1234YF one. Has anyone had theirs done, and does anyone know which one this model has?

Thanks in advance

Will

·
8 gears or more please
5,369 Posts
There should be a label stating what fluid under the bonnet around the radiator fan cowl area I think

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi TreborB, thank you for the reply. I've had a look under the bonnet and can't see a label with this information on

·
8 gears or more please
5,369 Posts
If you google each gas individually you can pick up quite a lot of info.

However I can't actually identify which one you require

Here is some stuff off google

R134a and R1234yf are similar, however, R1234yf was created as a more environmentally friendly replacement to R134a. The biggest difference between the two is that R1234yf is mildly flammable and does require special handling. Diagnosis of the air-conditioning system can be done in the same way as with R134a.

Estimates put GM, BMW, Fiat, Land Rover and Jaguar at over 95% usage for 1234yf (BMW switched over its entire line to the new system in 2018) ; Ford, Honda and Volkswagon over 70%; Toyota, Subura, Hyundai and Kia over 25%; and Nissan, Mercedes, Mazda and Volvo with next to no conversions in their new models.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Reactions: TreborB
1 - 5 of 5 Posts