Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
When I have the blower on and I change the heating position from anywhere back to just the windscreen the aircon switches on. I thought this odd, but then thought that maybe this is normal behaviour in cold weather (ie when either amber or red ice warning is lit).
Due to cold weather I've not been able to test this theory as ice warning always on at moment!
Is this just my car? :blush:
Matt

·
Premium Member
19,696 Posts
its a standard feature & will do it even in hotter weather.

it's to defog the window quicker supposedly ( mine seems to fog the screen up first to justify its use :} )

the only way to stop it bringing the AC on ( pressing the button does bugger all apart from switch the light off on mine the ac remains on ) is to not put it fully on windscreen, leave it set just to the left or just to the right of full windscreen & its fine.

·
Back in England.......
18,700 Posts
compuwiz_uk said:
it's to defog the window quicker supposedly ( mine seems to fog the screen up first to justify its use :} )
:} :} :}

Yeah, it did it for me earlier. I got in the car and there was a little bit of mist at teh bottom of the screen. The Engine was still a bit warm from earlier. I put it on full screen / temp / speed so the aircon came on and the screen just went white :}

It cleared again in about 15 secs tho :L

·
Just me
19,673 Posts
Mine too :}

·
Gavin T
9,319 Posts
compuwiz_uk said:

the only way to stop it bringing the AC on ( pressing the button does bugger all apart from switch the light off on mine the ac remains on ) is to not put it fully on windscreen, leave it set just to the left or just to the right of full windscreen & its fine.
Cool! Was going to do post a thread asking about this but now i dont have to! One question though, does it turn itself off again automatically?

·
MEG Admiral
2,658 Posts
[quote name=TDCi 160+]
compuwiz_uk said:

Cool! Was going to do post a thread asking about this but now i dont have to! One question though, does it turn itself off again automatically?[/quote]

Or, you could replace the yellow block with the blue block thing so that the air con comes on only when you want it to.

Which was a kind donation from GT :L

But you have to take your heater/radio surround out to fit it.

·
LED Extraordinaire
8,458 Posts
Mark1984 said:
TDCi 160+ said:
compuwiz_uk said:

Cool! Was going to do post a thread asking about this but now i dont have to! One question though, does it turn itself off again automatically?
Or, you could replace the yellow block with the blue block thing so that the air con comes on only when you want it to.

Which was a kind donation from GT :L

But you have to take your heater/radio surround out to fit it.
Mk3's are not the same switch but good idea :L

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.