Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Tyne & Wear Meets Organiser
6,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi peeps

as you may/may not know, im looking to get my interior retrimmed in alcantara, after ringing several companies up here in the north east who just didnt want to know (as im supplying the alcantara) i found one company willing to do it, theyve quoted me £750 + me supplying the alcantara, (got about 40 sq. mtrs). this is to retrim the seats, headrests, and doorcards, then i'd do the dash, trim pieces and roof lining myself.

so does £750 seem an ok price? bearing in mind that im supplying the alcantara?

cheers :L

·
Registered
641 Posts
I had my headlining done today mate (look in multi media) and believe my you dont wanna do that yourself.
I watched him do it and there is an art to trimming

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
£750 for a pukka job dont seem bad to me , at the end of the day you want it to look spot on , and not as if you had tacked it up yourself , no offence meant btw :whistling: look at it this way , i reckon on 3 days to do the job , £250 a day / maybe 2 ppl aint extortionate from a business point of view :L

·
IS BACK!!
2,976 Posts
if it was me (which it isn't) i'd pay for an expert to do the whole lot. paying a fair bit to have half done by a pro and then chance fooking it all up by doing it yourself isn't worth the risk, it could end up costing more to have any cock-ups rectified. but if you're confident that you can do it then go for it matey!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts