Ford Automobiles Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
HC 56

I have read these posts with interest.
I haven't used Aliexpress yet, but if Raynkar has, I will.

I understand the fondness you have for Raynkar as I have it too. He has helped me an untold amount of times and for me it seems, always goes the extra mile.

I am in awe of his skills, knowledge, commitment, his car and of the man.

I have the utmost respect for him.
Jack.
Thank You Jack....We Are Kindred Spirits....If Everyone was like Ray the world would be a better place.... I have to be honest, Although never having any problems with AliExpress, I didn't like the "card only" payment & with hacking,leaks,phishing etc escalated with covid I totally stopped buying (TBH, with my health I didn't expect to get through it!)....But with Gods Grace I'm still here...Anyway, they use PayPal now & the seller doesn't get paid until you receive & are happy with all, So it's in there best interest to get items to you asap... I really can't fault them as sellers are extremely helpful...Though the lack of English understanding is obvious...But They Do Try Their Very Best...Items normally work out at least 50%+ cheaper than elsewhere.... I Hope You Have A Good Experience With Them....Warmest Regards & I look forward to further posts.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi I use Ali express and share the security concerns. Might be possible to get a new bank (like starling or monzo) credit card which you top up and then dispose of when its no use to you anymore. You only every top up what you need and it cant go overspent. Worth a look perhaps.

Hope that helps

·
Mosquito
290 Posts
HC56

We are kindred spirits and I thank you for saying that.

I'm pleased we are both here to talk about, as like you I have had my health scares and am in
the process of trying to change my lifestyle to deal with it.

Anyway, look forward to our future posts.
Best regards,
Jack.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Hi I use Ali express and share the security concerns. Might be possible to get a new bank (like starling or monzo) credit card which you top up and then dispose of when its no use to you anymore. You only every top up what you need and it cant go overspent. Worth a look perhaps.

Hope that helps
Yes, that is very helpful...I didn't realise that something like that existed...I will definitely check it out...MANY THANKS Man....Much Appreciated..

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
HC56

We are kindred spirits and I thank you for saying that.

I'm pleased we are both here to talk about, as like you I have had my health scares and am in
the process of trying to change my lifestyle to deal with it.

Anyway, look forward to our future posts.
Best regards,
Jack.
Many Thanks Jack....drop me a pm anytime if you ever need to discuss....You will do well & become healthier than ever & I will remember you in thoughts & prayers....Fondest Regards

·
Mosquito
290 Posts
HC 56

People like you are like Raynkar, they make this world a better place.

I sincerely thank you for the opportunity to speak to you through pm's

I will take you up on this and together we can share our joys and our demons.

We can talk about AliExpress or about life.

Till then, my warmest, best regards,
Jack.

·
Dash cams, catch 'em out :)
13,104 Posts
This thread has turned into a 'love in' lol :)

Bit of thread drift, but I didn't post the finished result of the left handed knife I mentioned earlier in this thread.

I didn't like the rosewood finish I initially chose, so stripped that and sprayed it blue.

Finished knife with home made wooden handle.

Tool Wood Bumper Power tool Automotive exterior

Wood Fender Gas Tints and shades Electric blue

Attachments

Reactions: HC56

·
Dash cams, catch 'em out :)
13,104 Posts
With regard to ali express. Whatever you buy, have a good look at all the photos, and of all photos shown by customers who have bought the item.

As an example, I use mostly Makita brand tools. If I wanted to buy a tool from ali express The tool they sell might show a Makita tool in the first few pics, but will then show an unbranded tool in the remaining pics, as will the customer pics.

For me this isn't a con, it's just the first pics are showing the tool that has been copied and the remaining pics are showing the actual item that will be sent. No one should expect to get a genuine Makita tool costing perhaps £250 for £40 :)

I mostly buy unbranded items like threaded knobs or levers for DIY projects, but also buy little bits like headphones or plastic cases.

The prices are much cheaper than elsewhere, but the delivery can take a very long time.

Reactions: HC56

·
Ford Fan
305 Posts
I have no time for Ali Express. I ordered a two piece trim for my car and was very careful to pick the type I was specifically after by checking the photos and descriptions. When they eventually arrived it was the wrong trim pieces so I contacted the seller but got no response. I sent two follow up messages to the seller and still no response. I raised a dispute with Ali Express and they sought info on the issue, I sent them a photo of what I had received and a photo from the listing clearly showing the difference. My dispute was rejected, the reason given was I had failed to give sufficient evidence of the discrepancy. However it was clear to anyone with working eyes that the two photos showed two different items so I appealed the decision and resent the photos with clear explanations as to the difference between what I got and what was in the listing, however my appeal was also rejected for the same reason as the original rejection. I had a nice little vent to them when they asked me to comment on how well they had dealt with my case!

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
I have no time for Ali Express. I ordered a two piece trim for my car and was very careful to pick the type I was specifically after by checking the photos and descriptions. When they eventually arrived it was the wrong trim pieces so I contacted the seller but got no response. I sent two follow up messages to the seller and still no response. I raised a dispute with Ali Express and they sought info on the issue, I sent them a photo of what I had received and a photo from the listing clearly showing the difference. My dispute was rejected, the reason given was I had failed to give sufficient evidence of the discrepancy. However it was clear to anyone with working eyes that the two photos showed two different items so I appealed the decision and resent the photos with clear explanations as to the difference between what I got and what was in the listing, however my appeal was also rejected for the same reason as the original rejection. I had a nice little vent to them when they asked me to comment on how well they had dealt with my case!
Hmmm....Puts a new light on things?.... I only once had open a dispute which they ruled in my favour.....But your experience makes me a little wary.....In saying that I buy very little now online....Trying to clear all out instead....Sorry You had such a bad experience & THANK YOU for sharing as it makes us all more informed....

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Hi

Only ordered a couple of items on aliexpress, looked for sellers accepting PayPal. Assuming this would add a second layer of protection. I treat aliexpress in the same way as when I purchase items on eBay that are coming from China, cheap items that I can afford to lose.

However on eBay with a couple of small items that where presumably lost in the post, full refunds were easily obtained.

As regards contacting any sites with problems it appears they are run by AI only human contact if you are very lucky. A bit like banging your head against a wall. No matter what you are trying to resolve you get redirected back to the website that does not help. Emails not actually read by a person of intelligence and just answered with standard replies of no use to anyone.

Peter

·
dont listen to me, you'll have horsepower and
3,260 Posts
I've recently downloaded aliexpress app. Browsing through it seems most things are too good to be true. I've made 1 purchase so far which was a pair of twin stainless exhaust tips for my audi. They cost £13 free 10 day postage. Amazon they around £40. Received then in 10 days and the fit was absolutely perfect. I couldn't have asked for a better item really. But this is just one item I do t think I'd spend hundreds there

21 - 32 of 32 Posts