Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 1997 1.6 Cabriolet with stock suspension and am looking at buying some secondhand 17" alloys, what is the lowest ET that I can fit ? I think they normaly recomend 35 -40 ? but whats the lowest that can go on it ? and what else would I have to change without doing body work to the arches ?

·
Super Moderator
19,005 Posts
i think the offset is 35-42...

if the offset is higher, you'll need spacers.

st170 focus wheels are 17", pcd 4x108, 65.1 centre bore and ET 49, so to get those to fit, ideally you'll need 7mm spacers (42 highest offset, +7mm spacer=49)
Tyre size on st170 wheels is 215/45/17. Believe it or not, the circumference is aboUt 1% smaller than my old 15" wheels!

i fitted these wheels to my mondeo (as in signature below), The offset is also 35-42 on mk1/2 mondeos, so i had to fit spacers. I couldn't find 7mm, so i bought 4x 6mm ones (takes the offset to 48, but close enough). If you fit more than 6mm in spacers, i think you'll need longer studs fitting in the hubs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.