Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I own a Ford Mondeo Ghia X, 52 Reg, and want to upgrade the 6006e to an Alpine DVA-9861Ri iPod.

I want to fit it myself but am I better off paying someone £40 to fit to save the hassle. I am a novice so don 't really want to mess it up.

Also, if someone could suggest some speakers to go with it

Thanks
Pete

·
Back in England.......
18,700 Posts
It's really easy to fit if you have half a clue about plugs. You'll need an adaptor plate to reduce the hole from 1.5 din to single din then the ISO to Ford plug adaptor. If you understand that then you should be ok. It's really easy once you've done it a few times :L

As for speakers, Kenwood and my personal favourate (Pioneer) do some custom fit and Jacks-St-Mondeo sells some at a reasonablr price. These are direct replacements and only need the plug to the speaker either cutting off and connecting the right way round or you can get adaptors for the plugs as well (which I did) :L

·
MEG Commander
2,969 Posts
couldnt have put it much better ginga :L its a piece of cake, dont pay someone £40 to do something that will take you 10mins tops :)

·
Back in England.......
18,700 Posts
The only extra thing you will need is the steering stalk control adaptor that you can get online or at your local halfords if its one of hte bigger ones :L

They are a 2 part unit (one side matches up to the car and the other part to the head unit). both parts come to about £35 normally.

·
Back in England.......
18,700 Posts
FasterFords said:
if you put your location in your profile, you never know, someone may offer you a hand.
Probably as it's an easy job that most of us on here could do :L

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.