Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Big Megger
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have bought a cd/tv from america and there is no conection block to connect to my mondeo mk3 it looks very easy to wire in i just want to know what way the wires r in the connection block in the car so i can get a connection block and wire them into it any help wud be much appriciated

·
Back in England.......
18,700 Posts
American head units come with bare ended wires instead of the ISO plug. I got a Ford - ISO adaptor and cut the ISO plug off. The wires were all labelled up so I just used the instructions and the wire labels :L

BTW, Do you know that american radios work slightly different to UK ones so you may not get all the stations. I had one a while back :L

·
Big Megger
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah my wires all bare that connector block do fine but does anyone know what wires r in the excising block in car to match them up

·
Big Megger
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cant see no writing on the wires plus that diagram has different colours than car
1.orange/black
2.black/yellow
3.yellow/green
4.blue/black
5.black/orange
6.black/green
7.un used
out of cd player
red=ignition
yellow=battery
black=ground
dark blue=power antenna
brown=telephone mute
green white =camera overide
does any one know how tomatch these together

·
Spider Pig, Spider Pig
1,965 Posts
buy an iso cable from ebay, got mine for about £1.50 and cut the end off, that way you still have your ford connector 1 to 6 are the speaker wires,

will have alook at my iso tonight to see if the writing was on that

·
Big Megger
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
cheers mate got is sorted then all i have to do is hook it now to my handbrake sensor :L

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.