Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
being SUPRISED! (maybe)
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
old one again and seen before but youtube beckons for this one as well.....sorry for boring MEG again with these lol this is the last..

Saxo VTR 2

Attachments

·
Back in England.......
18,700 Posts
Just one question.......

Why do you call summat as sweet as an Evo a bloody Saxo? :crazy: :}

·
being SUPRISED! (maybe)
4,346 Posts
because car park antics are usually associated with that sort of car, but theres no where else to do this kind of thing....cant even get in this carpark now as its barricaded at nite, the one that has no trolley parks in it theyve built a garden center on half of it and tescos is 24hr.....its been called a 'jap shit box' (by someone who's driven 'one' :yawn: ) and worse by others on here, i should get a seat you know, i was once told :gayfight: :yawn:

·
I'm Bang Tidy
9,548 Posts
Any chance we can see you doing doing some
doughnuts,or if you are up for it and have the space some drifting,possibly a try at reverse handbrake backslide into a carparking space,
fully alighned of course.
Would love to see summat like that.

·
being SUPRISED! (maybe)
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
:} :} :} :} :}

i tried doing donuts in the ice and snow when we last had it, and could i get it to go? could i buggery......im wary of doing it in the dry in case i feck it up and hit somthing, i guess you need a little traction, and some space to get it going. The reverse handbrake into a carparking space ive not perfected at all :tongue:

It does however 'drift' quite easily, on a damp roundabout it gently comes round and a little throttle and its away, and easily controlled, at speed though its an odd feeling, like its gripping but its not, difficult to explain....

Ive been in a Evo 6 with someone that knows what they are doing, and 'getting its arse out' off a roundabout and not turning into it (the AYC allows you not to turn into a skid) and keeping your foot down is probably the closest ive come to filling my pants other than when Pod drove it. Breathtaking but turn into it and lift off like you would normally - it puts you in the barrier, not somthing i want to discover myself!!!

·
being SUPRISED! (maybe)
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
good though isnt it lol :tongue:

·
One time Mondeo owner - now an outlaw!
6,199 Posts
The Evo 5 rally car I drove had the brake bias set towards the rear, which I thought seemed odd, but the instructor explained that it was to aid turn in. IE you brake hard, turn in on the brakes, which brings the back end around just enough to turn it in, if that makes sense. I doubt watching from the outside it would even be enough to see, but you certainly felt it through the seat of the pants! :tongue:

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
Manix said:
Ive been in a Evo 6 with someone that knows what they are doing, and 'getting its arse out' off a roundabout and not turning into it (the AYC allows you not to turn into a skid) and keeping your foot down is probably the closest ive come to filling my pants other than when Pod drove it. Breathtaking but turn into it and lift off like you would normally - it puts you in the barrier, not somthing i want to discover myself!!!
your modesty knows no bounds young mr manix...I feel the same in my lowly civic sometimes, like the car is miles better than me sort of thing.. :confused:

....do some proper vids next time tho, saxo owners would put that to shame with their cherry bombs and K+N filtah's methinks.... :gayfight:

·
being SUPRISED! (maybe)
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
its an unusual thing, i ve had it long enough now but still i feel somtimes 'its not going to get round/through this', and i brake or lift off, yet i know full well the car will do it. After following 20 other evo's on b-roads to skegness and back i know it will do things i cant hope to manage because the ones in front of me do it!!!

I guess its all in the mind, although my greatest fear is stuffing it, i know to some 'select' people it means nothing to crash a car, but it cost me too much and i care about it far more than i should i guess :gayfight:

·
MEG Sergeant
992 Posts
Manix said:
....and keeping your foot down is probably the closest ive come to filling my pants other than when Pod drove it.
What are you trying to say :whistling: That EVO of yours is absoflogginglutely mental all I did was pilot it :L

·
being SUPRISED! (maybe)
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes but id only had it a week or two and here was us lot, me with my eyes shut, barreling into corners like nobodys buisness :tongue:

·
MEG Sergeant
992 Posts
Manix said:
yes but id only had it a week or two and here was us lot, me with my eyes shut, barreling into corners like nobodys buisness :tongue:
Ok Ok point taken, come round mine and i'll let you do a do-nut in me beemer :woot:

·
being SUPRISED! (maybe)
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
tempting, but id be worried about trashing it!!! Wouldnt be too difficult, seeing how it could be a 'little' tail happy the other nite...although that was with 'added pod factor' :woot:

·
MEG Sergeant
992 Posts
The traction control does its job perfectly,to get a full on broad side slide you need to turn it off :whistling:

·
Registered
10,167 Posts
Manix said:
its an unusual thing, i ve had it long enough now but still i feel somtimes 'its not going to get round/through this', and i brake or lift off, yet i know full well the car will do it. After following 20 other evo's on b-roads to skegness and back i know it will do things i cant hope to manage because the ones in front of me do it!!!

I guess its all in the mind, although my greatest fear is stuffing it, i know to some 'select' people it means nothing to crash a car, but it cost me too much and i care about it far more than i should i guess :gayfight:
Get on the track abit more, i love proper track days, and if poss get some lessons. Driving fast is about being smooth at the wheel. Spin it there its no big deal unless your unlucky, i did a full 360 before on the track, but the skills i have learnt on track have completely changed the way i drive on the road.

·
Old school Meg member
6,847 Posts
if you do the MSV track days the give instruction on the day, the guys i know said it showed them areas of their driving they never knew

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.