Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Gavin T
9,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got round to fitting the Lockwoods yesterday. Wasnt as hard as i thought it was going to be, and is pretty straight forward once you get going. A bit ropey driving along with no speedo while your calibrating it though! Pics are very rubbish cos A; im no photographer, and B; cos my camera ought to have Fisher Price wrote on it its so crap! Would like to give a huge cheers to KAZUYADOG (Mick) for his help and advice, the blokes a star! :first:

Oh and before anyone mentions it, the heater vents arent a lighter shade of silver than everything else! Its a pretty good match actually, its just that they are catching a lot more light than everything else. Look at the top of the spokes on the steering wheel and you will see that they are the same colour.

Attachments

·
I'm Bang Tidy
9,548 Posts
Top job Gav,welcome to the sparkle silver dials
club. :woot: :L

·
Gavin T
9,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GingaGizmo said:
Do they still light up green or have you changed the colour for them?
No mate the bulbs behind the dials are clear, its just the face of the dials thats coloured green. These have blue numbering/lettering on them so light up blue. (obviously!!) Goes nicely with the other blue/silver touches around the car.

Might get some decent piccies if i can persuade Careanla to fetch his fancy camera round! :whistling: (im so cheeky!)

·
Back in England.......
18,700 Posts
[quote name=TDCi 160+]
GingaGizmo said:
Do they still light up green or have you changed the colour for them?
No mate the bulbs behind the dials are clear, its just the face of the dials thats coloured green. These have blue numbering/lettering on them so light up blue. (obviously!!) Goes nicely with the other blue/silver touches around the car.

Might get some decent piccies if i can persuade Careanla to fetch his fancy camera round! :whistling: (im so cheeky!)[/quote]

Look forward to pics, I didn't know the lights behind the dials was white :L

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
Yeah - wanna do mine?

·
Registered
388 Posts
After 22 years Gav, you don't need to persuade me ;)

I'm in Derby still at the minute (in bed, robbing someones unsecure network) hehehe so will phone you later mate to come round and take some pictures.

ALL THE BEST FOR 2007 EVERYONE.

Craig :)

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
You're next mod should be fitting the mode button stalk mate. I'm 99% sure your car must be enabled for the trip computer because I noticed when the fuel light comes on, on mine it automatically changes over to the range left. This must have happened on yours when it first went to low fuel, but as you dont have the switch you cant change it off it. Just noticed mine is playing up though - think there must be something wrong with my stalk (it works, but doesnt seem to like the cold).

·
Gavin T
9,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah i posted this somewhere else on here. When the fuel runs low and it gives the warning beep, the computer goes back to range from temp. When i took the steering covers off to fit the dials, there is a grey plastic box type thing with wires coming from it. The wires then interconnect with the ones for the indicator stalk (is this the module thing for the computer?). Ive asked about but cant find a stalk, so am keeping an eye out on ebay. Im not paying the £36 odd that Ford want for a new one!

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
[quote name=TDCi 160+]Yeah i posted this somewhere else on here. When the fuel runs low and it gives the warning beep, the computer goes back to range from temp. When i took the steering covers off to fit the dials, there is a grey plastic box type thing with wires coming from it. The wires then interconnect with the ones for the indicator stalk (is this the module thing for the computer?). Ive asked about but cant find a stalk, so am keeping an eye out on ebay. Im not paying the £36 odd that Ford want for a new one![/quote]

I might have to cause the button might be on its way out on mine :(

Ah well, if I do have to - could kill 2 birds with 1 stone and put some white dials in :L

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.