Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Megger
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having posted about various rattles and thumps, which I think are suspension related, since getting new tyres, there has been a very annoying rattle / buzz / flutter audible while driving. Been driving with my head in the passenger footwell, as has my wife, re-arranged junk in the glovebox and door pockets, thumped the facia, doors, anything. It seems to vanish when moving and ignition off, so suspect the PAS belt tensioner.

Checked it yesterday and although I am planning to replace it, not sure it that is the problem. Of course, the sound is only present when the car is moving, not stationary!

Thinking that perhaps when I was conned into having the 4 wheel alignment following new tyres, they had failed to tighten something, I removed the front wheel. All is good.

And then I saw it. One of those rubbish Ford self-tapers that holds the plastic wheel arch on, had fallen out. When I tapped the plastic against the bodywork, that was the sound. Fixed with a cable tie and low and behold, the buzz has gone.

Gezzzz, those little rattles and buzzing are so annoying.

·
I Love Diesel
2,577 Posts
I've no desire to be hard of hearing, but imagine what it must be like to just not hear these annoying car noises. They absolutely drive me up the wall. Having apparently cured my gear stick rattle (god that was annoying), I don't actually have any noises on my ST220 that really bother me at the moment. Kiss of death...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts