Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
MEG Corporal
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible that the 3 month old(2k miles) front bushes have failed again as the noise that went when these were replaced is back again?

·
ST200 baby
7,993 Posts
if they have been fitted wrong and split the rubbers then yes they could go tits up lol , do you know if they ere fitted right , were they ford parts?

·
MEG Corporal
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fitted by a small garage, look alright though. Not Ford parts,picked up when fetching some drop links. I perhaps should have had some poly bushes fitted

·
ST200 baby
7,993 Posts
Ya poly bushes are good mate , you can get them in a whole kit form for your car , but even with the ford parts or even copy parts they should work fine and last longer than 3 months mate , cant you go back to where you got them done from and see if they can replace them, maby you have a faulty set? i cant see it my self but they might replace them..

·
MEG Corporal
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No chance, I brought them, they fitted them. I cant see the the local motor factor taking them back. Think i will just have to take the expense and get some poly ones fitted!

·
MEG Corporal
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thewoody said:
What noise is apparent when they go?
Assuming I am right about this it is a harsh thud sound on mine when the suspension goes from extension to compression after going over speed humps

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.