Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have connected to the car with my laptop and I have a couple of codes come up - does anyone know what they mean?

P1151

Definition type Definition
FORD Lack of HO2S Bank 2 Senor 1 Switches - Sensor at Lean Limit

P1518

FORD Inlet Manifold Runner Control Malfunction (stuck open)

Any help will be appreciated

M9G

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just been out and wiggled the connector for the front lambda sensor as the first fault mentioned oxygen sensor and the car seemed to go loads better, no kangarooing and the acceleration is great so hopefully all cure.

I did clear the codes in the ecu and wonder if this solved the problem and that the faults developed when I re-built the engine, i don't know if the car adjusts the running to compensate for the fault codes thus making the car run poor.

Not sure but will test for a day or two and then connect laptor back up and see if any faults appear.

M9G

·
Administrator
7,576 Posts
mattyninegrand said:
I have connected to the car with my laptop and I have a couple of codes come up - does anyone know what they mean?

P1518

FORD Inlet Manifold Runner Control Malfunction (stuck open)

Any help will be appreciated

M9G
That one means an IMRC (secondaries) fault. The IMRC might be opening the secondaries upon startup. If the secondaries are constantly open the car will be sluggish at lower revs but will still have good power above 3200 rpm where secondaries usually kick in. My IMRC did this for a few weeks before it's demise.

·
Big Megger
290 Posts
How are you getting on with the Tekmate kit? I was really impressed with mine, they must have delivered yours quickly.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi

I bought the one from genden, remember the link you sent me.

Used their software and it had 2 faults which i cleared and that seemed to sort the problem

Tried using tekmate software with the cable i got but it wouldn't connect and I couldn't find anywhere in the tekmate software to change the port.

M9G

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.