Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Megger
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a car,
I suspect a few Mondeo owners on this site must have had one in the past?? :smoking:

If there is a few of you i would love to discuss this car with you on here??

·
Back in England.......
18,698 Posts
Would love to have one as a second car. Never owned one tho

·
MEG Colonel
5,351 Posts
had 4 capris in my time culminating in a 2.8 special

great cars

·
Quo fan
1,539 Posts
Always wanted a Capri but, sadly, never actually had one, for one reason or another (main issue was insurance cost if I remember correctly).

Weren't Ford talking about resurrecting the Capri recently?

·
Megger
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Budgie said:
I think the Probe (pile of shit) was at once thought to be its replacement,
But a serious attempt at replacing it would be great, a bit like Alfa are now doing with the alfasud.

·
Back in England.......
18,698 Posts

·
MEG Commander
6,006 Posts
Still got mine as well :L , I've owned this one for about 10 years, I've had 8 2.8i's over the years.

Steve

·
My real name is Amy
5,908 Posts
Loved the 280 brooklands :) drobe a few crapi's in my time ;) got to sit in a tickford at a show once

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Never owned one myself, but had the pleasure to drive ALOT of them, every member of my family had one when i was younger.

Ranging from the 1.6 calypso (mothers)
to my Uncle's heavily modified 2.1 bored pinto engined Capri with custom modified cossie kit including whale tale spoiler, was very nice that until the chassis warped itself through a 90 degree bend lol.

Recently given serious thought to owning one :)

·
Megger
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
stevedohc16v said:
Still got mine as well :L , I've owned this one for about 10 years, I've had 8 2.8i's over the years.

Steve
That's a mint looking car, D reg as well,
Did you ever own any of the 3 litres as well?, i always remember my first 3 ltr was shocking mustard colored with brown interior, sounds like the y fronts that were circa 70s as well.

:shocked: :shocked: :naughty:

·
Thinks maths is an alcoholic drink.
3,884 Posts
Crusty said:
Recently given serious thought to owning one :)
Autotrader said:
1985 B Reg FORD Capri 2.8i Special
Price: £3,995

3 Door, Manual, Fastback, Petrol, 94,000 miles, Alloy wheels, Insurance Group:14. This vehicle is finished in strato silver with half grey leather interior which is in great order. The bodywork is very straight, one owner had the vehicle for 12 years, orignal service book, 13 old Mots, has only covered 10000 mls in the last 7 years. Lots of service history. £3,995

Dealers Website
You know you want it. ;)

·
MEG Corporal
1,087 Posts
I dont miss mine. It was a rare model as well!

It wasnt a 2.8 but the limited edition 1.3L :}

Bit of a slug but you could still hang the tail out at will :driving:

·
MEG Commander
6,006 Posts
[quote name=rob1.monkey]
stevedohc16v said:

Steve
That's a mint looking car, D reg as well,
Did you ever own any of the 3 litres as well?, i always remember my first 3 ltr was shocking mustard colored with brown interior, sounds like the y fronts that were circa 70s as well.

:shocked: :shocked: :naughty: [/quote]

Yes I've had tw0 3.0 litres, both 'S' models a signal orange one which looked the part but was rotten underneath and a mint black one which was written off by a bus :( I'll have to dig some pics out and scan them in (no digital cameras around in the mid 90s :D

Steve

·
MEG Sergeant
2,146 Posts
GingaGizmo said:
rob1.monkey said:
Budgie said:
I think the Probe (pile of shit) was at once thought to be its replacement,
But a serious attempt at replacing it would be great, a bit like Alfa are now doing with the alfasud.
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/220956/reborn_capri.html

:L
i think that new one if they bring it out looks like the volvo c30 i think.
i'd love to have a capri though, i got me mom one back in the day and i loved it, hell of a car. :L

·
Little Megger
43 Posts
Now we are talkin`.........
back in 87`,the clutch on my Mk 1 XR2 started slipping........
me mate borrowed me his pale blue 3.0S Capri.
Had never really thought too much about em` till then.......what a lovely car....plenty of grunt and a bostin`rorty growl from the zorts.....
A couple of moths later I got meself a mint pale green 2.0S (A-Reg 1983) and loved it.
eventually I got a 2.8i (1990) with just 30k on the clock.........kept it for 5 years and it remains to this day, the best car I have ever owned.
Character.......those cars had it in spades.

·
Registered
106 Posts
had a few capris in the past

1. 3.0 glx mk1 green with black vinyl roof and wolfrace superslot wheels
2. 2.0 ghia mk2 in gold
3. 2.0s in white with 2.1 pinto fitted
4. 3.0s black bored to 3.1 kent cams and janspeed exhausts all car fibreglass coated before paint ,awsome car fast as f**k
5. 2.8i in white

awsome cars would have another tomorrow but the wife doesnt like them ,she says i can have one but i choose not to keep the peace if you know what i mean

·
158 Posts
i owned a 3.0s and a 2.8i both at the same time and i miss the 2.8i but not the 3.0s also don't miss the 73 miles to £20 of petrol i got out of the 2.8i either!!!! btw that was 96!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Had an 83 model black 2.0S, was absolutely mint.

Sold it when i got married, and regretted it ever since. Saw a red '83 2.0S in my local Tesco the other day and almost followed the guy home to persuade him to sell it

1 - 20 of 25 Posts