Ford Automobiles Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Evening all,
got this dtc and cant find any wiring problem car runs fine then out of the blue will cut out, leave a bit will restart, when cut out have engine malfunction on display on dash.

DTC IS P0003 fuel pressure regulator low circuit control

Have searched like a madman but cant find anyone else that has had it, even searched on all the other forums of different models and makes.

Galaxy 2006 mk3 2.0 tdci 165k miles

Had crankshaft sensor
camshaft sensor
fuel filter
all changed. guy says fuel pump but i dont think so, it starts stright from the first turn or key within about half a second runs like new idles like new.

The cutting out can happen at idle or at high revs.

many thanks
steve

·
Super Moderator
29,376 Posts
What fuel pressure do you get when the fault occurs?

When it starts the fuel pressure wont be that high so it could still be the pump

or injectors.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What fuel pressure do you get when the fault occurs?

When it starts the fuel pressure wont be that high so it could still be the pump

or injectors.
Thank you for the reply, Im not to sure how to test this, i bought a elm327 modified and have forscan, do you mean what is the fuel pressure if i connect the obd while the fault is being display and i tery to crank the engine or without cranking the engine.

thanks again for the reply

steve

·
Super Moderator
29,376 Posts
The fuel pressure with the engine running, if you can record the live data and then see how

the fuel pressure reacts when it drops into limp mode or cuts out.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The fuel pressure with the engine running, if you can record the live data and then see how

the fuel pressure reacts when it drops into limp mode or cuts
Hi again, thank you for the reply.

Ok i will be using the car tomorrow so i will just plug the obd in and the laptop and record my whole driving, and if it cuts out ( its does not go in to limp mode, just cuts out) i will save the log and post it on here so you can see if that would be ok with you.

many thanks

steve

·
Go On.....I'm All Ears...
1,943 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Check this explanation l
https://www.yourmechanic.com/article/-p0003-obd-ii-trouble-code-fuel-volume-regulator-control-circuit-low-by-paul-lancette

What causes the P0003 code?

The fuel volume regulator control circuit low code may have several causes:

Possible corrosion in the sensor connector
A short in the sensor wiring to the ECM
A defective fuel pressure regulator
The ECM is damaged
Note the bit about changing parts and still not correcting the problem!
Morning, thank you for your reply and the link.

I will do as the above post and let you know how i gwt on, forums are so helpful but i do wish that people would post bak with the result of if they fixed the problem or not, it would help so many others out im sure.

regards

steve

·
Registered
85 Posts

the fuel pressure reacts when it drops into limp mode or cuts out.
Hi plugged in forscan and ran the engine and while it was running fault happened,

got this message:

DTC . P0003:00-6C

DTC MATURING - INTERMITTENT AT TIME OF REQUEST

I also saved live data but don't understand any of it

also reset the dtc and tryed to restart engine and got

DTC P0003:00-2D

Have also had P0003:00-25

Now what i have noticed is that if i just keep cranking the engine with the fault still diplaying on the dash, cranking for about3 secs at a time after a few times it will start and the dash is back to normal not displaying engine maulfunction

thanks again

steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts