Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Big Megger
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just wondering will I have any problems putting standard Ford 18's mk 3 onto a lower spec mk 3 which might not have the stiffer supension of the models they were ment for?I've done a quick search but cant seem to find anything.Thanks Will. :L

·
Super Moderator
19,696 Posts
would like to know this myself as i am on the lookout for a nice set of 18" alloys but i aint paying £170 a rim + tyres from fords.

when i checked the prices of rear brake discs for my car i got asked if i had alloys on as there were brake discs for steelies & alloys on the system ( have no idea why - neither did the parts bloke )

·
Registered
422 Posts
willjordan7 said:
I'm just wondering will I have any problems putting standard Ford 18's mk 3 onto a lower spec mk 3 which might not have the stiffer supension of the models they were ment for?I've done a quick search but cant seem to find anything.Thanks Will. :L
No you wont mate. You'll get better grip and more road noise and obviously a slightly harsher ride. The Zetec S does have stiffer suspension butits not lowered.

·
MEG Commander
3,573 Posts
You will also notice the car tramlining more.

The different discs are so that the disc doesn't weld it'self to the alloy wheel. They are the same size, and the same price.

·
MEG Commander
3,573 Posts
Oh, and there is a guy in Canterbury on eBay who often has mondeo wheels, I got a set off him for £500 with 4-5mm tyres (ContiSports).

I think his eBay handle is B3NJN or something like that.

·
Big Megger
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info,I can get them new over here for €800 w/out tyres,but I'm still thinking about it,I might just go for the 17s to be safer as I do 35k a year :woot:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts