Ford Automobiles Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
AKA The Twigg!
9,331 Posts
know the spray place in crawley. if you mention the car they should remember it well. its a rag effect marble. its a pain to do but you blow the undercoat on. then the grean and roll a rag accross to get the marble. then a few coats of laquer over the top. i would say looking at it from a point of view i think if your doing rust on the sides rear then your going to have to get the whole side resprayed to match in this way. give them a ring and i am sure they will sort you out. but its gonna be expensive.

Dan

·
MEG Admiral
2,554 Posts
thecuz said:
How often do white 17" comps come up for sale? Got to get me a set :D
look on `passionford` m8, there always on there

·
MEG Commander
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Twiggy27 said:
know the spray place in crawley. if you mention the car they should remember it well. its a rag effect marble. its a pain to do but you blow the undercoat on. then the grean and roll a rag accross to get the marble. then a few coats of laquer over the top. i would say looking at it from a point of view i think if your doing rust on the sides rear then your going to have to get the whole side resprayed to match in this way. give them a ring and i am sure they will sort you out. but its gonna be expensive.

Dan
Cheers Dan, I'm going to be giving them a call to see what they can do. Yeah I had a feeling it might be expensive. :(

·
MEG Commander
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·

·
MEG Corporal
1,091 Posts
nice mota. will keep eyes open for it. should be easy to spot.or see you at next wales meet!!

·
AKA The Twigg!
9,331 Posts
thecuz said:
Twiggy27 said:

Dan
Cheers Dan, I'm going to be giving them a call to see what they can do. Yeah I had a feeling it might be expensive. :(
put it this way matey it worked out for a flat colour at £500 a side for a standard spray job. hate to think the cost of the marble. its a really good effect though if the laquers really shiney!! IIRC didnt he do the dash inserts the same on it? if not may be worth the speedo surround etc the same way.

Dan :driving:

·
Window licking mong
39,488 Posts
my god, just saw the ebay ad. you didnt get this car for £410 did you? :shocked:

·
MEG Commander
2,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
nope, ended it early for me :L Still only paid £850 though :whistling: was well chuffed!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.