Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Big Megger
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as subject...... everyine i know has a 115, never come accross a 90. Is it just mapping or is there anything different substantially?

MC

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
The 90 has a different Turbo than the earlier TDDi 115's (fixed vane as opposed to variable vane). In late 2001 they changed the 115 TDDi over to a fixed vane Turbo also when the TDCi 130 was released (not sure why - probably cost cutting or could be because the subsequently released TDCi 115 had a fixed vane turbo).

Not sure if anything other than the ECU mapping is different on them. There are not that many in the UK anyway as it wasnt really offered here - though there are a few UK supplied cars about which were probably supplied as a fleet to companies wanting to save a bit of cash.

·
Megger
103 Posts
I have a 90..and i got a friend who have a 90 too..and denies it's a 90. Cos he dyno'ed it and said it's a 90, but the turbo gives it another 25...hence..he admits it's a 115.

·
MEG Corporal
848 Posts
Do you find the 90 is underpowered? I drove one once and I though it was very dead. Could just have been that car though cause it wasn't very well looked after.

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
dsx2b said:
I have a 90..and i got a friend who have a 90 too..and denies it's a 90. Cos he dyno'ed it and said it's a 90, but the turbo gives it another 25...hence..he admits it's a 115.
Get him to put his VIN number in at www.etis.ford.com - hopefully it will have an entry on there (UK cars do) and it should say if its a 90 or 115 (will have to register on the site but its free and takes a minute).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.