Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
MEG Captain
5,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone confirm whether all 97-2000 alternators are the same? I spoke to someone earlier who said they're the same from 93-2000 but they didn't seem to sure.

Also would my car have the fuel fired heater that the TIS refers to, which needs to removing to fit one?

Cheers

·
Registered
110 Posts
I recently replaced ours and when I phoned for a quote I was told that I needed a number off it as there were two types; when I phoned back with the number the guy told me that neither of his had numbers on!! I went to look at them and they were identical to each other and to mine, so I took one and fitted it and it's fine, so who knows?? If you can post a pic I can tell you if it's any different from the one I fitted.

To fit I needed to remove the o/s front wheel to loosen the tensioner, the intercooler needs to come out as well but that's it. Pretty straight forward, a little awkward cos there's not much room to work in, but not difficult.

·
Big Megger
451 Posts
Well, just had some problems with mine, and there wasnt a choice for me! I think there are a bosch and a lucas one, but they are the same (old one had bosch on it, new one says lucas on it). I believe the pre 1997 ones are different though, although I may be wrong. To fit mine, I got at the tensioner from the top with the intercooler removed, used a ratchet and socket as it needs to be undone quite a bit, the rest is just a case of removing the belt and unbolting the alternator, and swapping them over.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.