1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
MEG Admiral
2,642 Posts
bolted iirc

·
MEG Admiral
2,642 Posts
if you follow the bracket down they are bolted on the chassis, but you can see them with the bonnet up, bit awkward to get to, and i dont think it would help if you removed the cowl that is at the bottom of the windscreen, but iirc if you remove the wing { which is bolted on } you will get them,

·
Banned
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I tried to earlier today (follow it down that is) but couldn't, but yes I though maybe taking the wing off (I didnt though) I'd maybe get to it.

I just thought since mine are bent (I tried straightening them, but quite hard to do) getting other one's..

Can these be bought from ford ?

·
MEG Admiral
2,642 Posts
i dont see why not, but what about scrapyards or look in our for sale section, as i think there maybe a couple of cars breaking in there, not sure if i still have a set from when i broke my mk 1 i will check tomorrow, but im not 100% sure, also have you tried heating then before you straighten them, just a thought :L

·
Banned
72 Posts
Cheer's..

Yea I was in the scrappy today, but it was him that said there probably welded onto the chassis, but was 100% sure, hence asking here.

But I'll ask the guy in your link too, and see what they say. But there's a body repair guy near who's bloody good he should know too, again cheers.

Oh....no I dont have a blow torch, heep meaning to get one but just didnt ever get my finger oot my a rse lol.

PS.....I tried to email/pm Csmith but cant!...there's no facility to do it!

·
MEG Admiral
2,642 Posts
ok mate no probs :L hope you get it sorted

·
MEG Admiral
2,642 Posts
click on that link i sent, then click his name and it gives an 5 options, click the start private topic, and then just leave a message, and when hes online next he will recieve it :L

·
MEG Admiral
2,642 Posts
no probs mate :L

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.