Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
TalkFord is Arse, Bring back MEG!
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday night went over to a friends house, driving down one of the country lanes near us, not a massive road, but plenty big enough for two cars to pass, been down there a million times. Coming down see a car coming towards me, who's far to close to me, slow down and go even closer to the hedges, all of a sudden I hear a bang. Thinking I've just hit the wheel on something sticking out, pull over check it over (bearing in mind its pitch black) no puncture no obvious buckle, although extremely pee'd off.

Till this morning walking down the n/s of the car and realise what the bang was. The rear n/s door and the 8" gash and dent accompanying it running along the bottom of the door. Absolutely furious! Just cause some pri*k couldn't keep on his own side of the road! Its going in Monday an a nice £120 down the drain! :mad:

·
Now in the Far East...
2,727 Posts
It really hurts.... especially something that can't really be seen and in those narrow (relatively) country roads...

Feel sorry for you.... and hope that's the extend of the damage and nothing else...

Phil

·
Administrator
7,576 Posts
I really can't stand those people who can't judge the width of the road or their own bloody car! There have been numerous occasions where I have met a car on a narrow road and moved over to the edge of the road only for the oncoming car to pass dangerously close to me despite having a couple of feet of space at the other side to play with! :angryfire:

·
Now in the Far East...
2,727 Posts
ditto...

I still remember when i learnt driving (in Hong Kong) they have a private ground for learners to learn basic skill... One of them is a narrow lane with cones laid along on both sides with just one car width. (about half a feet space on either side) We have been told to drive through a few times, each with slightly increase in speed to build up the ability to judge car width. Now i know that it is really good thing to have done.

Maybe we should have something like this over here in the UK... :tongue:

Phil

·
Flesh and blood and camoflage
1,636 Posts
Sounds like a really good idea that. As a very new driver, I would actually have welcomed the opportunity to get training like that some where safe away from other cars. My less-than-perfect spacial awareness is something I have always been conscious of and worked hard at, so that I don't inconveniance or cause problems to other road users. Some people find it a hard thing to judge and everyone's human, we make mistakes but it makes me bloody angry that there are drivers out there either so thick not to notice their problem or are so irresponsible and arrogant that they know and don't care. Even when you flash your lights or try and alert them to their mistake, they're still clueless! And expect all the decent drivers to work extra hard to compensate for them. :mad:

Sorry to hear about the poorly Mondey tho....and my instructor wonders why narrow, unlit country lanes gave me the shakes for a long time! :laugh:

·
MEG Captain
5,225 Posts
Glenn said:
I really can't stand those people who can't judge the width of the road or their own bloody car! There have been numerous occasions where I have met a car on a narrow road and moved over to the edge of the road only for the oncoming car to pass dangerously close to me despite having a couple of feet of space at the other side to play with! :angryfire:
I totally agree with that, very annoying and I find 4x4 owners the worse. Think they own the road!

I drive down alot of lanes that have hedges both sides and my paint work has quite a few scratches from having to pull right over to allow some tosspot to pass! :mad:

Hope you got it sorted though mate :)

·
MEG Sergeant
1,308 Posts
they aren't a problem when your driving a works transit van down narrow lanes they can't get out the way fast enough. :D

·
Registered
273 Posts
NMS said:
they aren't a problem when your driving a works transit van down narrow lanes they can't get out the way fast enough. :D
A horse box is good for narrow lanes as well...

...4x2 wood strips on the side and those lovely metal rings for tying the horses to... :whistling:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.