Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Big Megger
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else (MK3 V6) had slightly low oil pressure.

I had an oil light flickering. After checking the oil pressure it was only down slightly at 40 instead of 43. But then a conrod snaped. Since then the engine has been rebuilt with a new oil pump installed and now I have the same problem, slightly low oil pressure so I'm afraid to drive it in case it fails again.
Any ideas what might be wrong?

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
43 psi sounds low to me in the first place , i would have thought it would be more like 60 ish psi at least :confused:

·
Big Megger
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You're right it should be 65 and it was when the engine was rebuild, but before it even got back on the road it has droped to 40, no mileage done!
New pump went in on the rebuild, it's hardly gone already?

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
sounds to me as though the big end clearances are too large or the oil pump is not giving enough pressure :(

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
worth getting the oil pump checked out first i reckon , at the end of the day it is going to be cheaper than rebuilding the bottom end , also , are you sure the reading you are getting on the gauge is correct !!!!!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.