Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Romania.
I own a Ford Mondeo Ghia 1.8 l 110 bhp and I would like to upgrade the audio system.
The car factory audio system is as follows:
- Blaupunkt TravelPilot EX CD132 (arrow only navigation system)
- steering wheel audio system remote control
- 4x25 Watts speakers
First upgrade option:
- Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-X3800DAB (4 OHMS MOSFET 4x50W max power / 4x22W continuous power)
- F/R Speakers: Pioneer TS-H687 (6x8 / 50W RMS / 240W MAX)
Second upgrade option:
- Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-X3800DAB (4 OHMS MOSFET 4x50W max power / 4x22W continuous power)
- F/R Speakers: Pioneer TS-H687 (6x8 / 50W RMS / 240W MAX)
- 4 channel car amplifier (4x50W RMS)

Questions:
Is Pioneer AVH-X3800DAB integrated amplifier capable to deliver enough power to drive Pioneer TS-H687 speakers?
If it's better to use a dedicated 4 channel amplifier, how can I route the wires from the amplifier to the door speakers?
Is it possible to route the wires through the door boot? I imagine it involves some hard work.
Is it possible to route the wires, in dashboard, behind the head unit?

I intend to make a smart installation. For this reason I thought it would be better to route two sets of wires, as follows:
- one set of wires from the head unit preamp outputs to the amplifier line inputs
- one set of wires from the amplifier line outputs to the dashboard, behind the head unit, to be connected directly to the RCA cables that runs through the door boot, keeping the wire plugs intact in order to connect it with the speakers adaptor plugs.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you kindly!

·
Super Moderator
30,287 Posts
Is that the early model MK3? Is the dash actually a double DIN? I think its

only a 1.5 DIN?

Although the TP stereo maybe larger?

A double DIN unit may not fit without cutting the console or converting it to

a later console.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a Ford Mondeo, Series 50, production date 10.03.2005, with 2DIN navigation system (square buttons), automatic air conditioning and electrical folding mirrors with puddle lights.
VIN number WF05XXGBB55M63018

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also intend to install the Connects2 CTKFD49 kit with fascia, cradle box and auxiliary connectors to fit the Pioneer head unit.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Pioneer AVH-X3800DAB unit was selected based on "Fit my car" guide on Pioneer website.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts