Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Big Megger
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping some-one out there can help with this. I remember seeing a post at one time of a relay setup of some kind that makes your car double lock everytime by just turning the key to the lock posiion, instead of having to turn to the unlock position first.

Any help in the matter would make life a lot easier when I go to fit the alarm

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same question, my car don´t have reomote locking. Just by key.

I will install an alarm with central lock feature.
It would be nice if it double locked when arming ;)

regards
Tommy Slite Gotland in Sweden

·
Ugly Little Mo Fo
3,428 Posts
dunno if pressing unlock button before pressing lock button would have the same effect m8.would have thought as long as the locking module gets both pulses it may be fooled into double locking.

not sure really m8, sorry

·
Support the Vulcan XH558
2,992 Posts
I had a Mk1 GLX and the Instruction said to "turn the key to Unlock then turn to Lock" and it double locks or press the lock button on the remote key twice and it Double locks.

Hope this helps?

·
Big Megger
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After a bit of searching I have found the info that I needed. :woot:

http://www.btinternet.com/~madmole/Reference/SmegsPages.html

Shaun, I never thought of that but can see where you are coming from :L , but a lot of after market alarms with central locking control might not let you do that. I have to say it is worth a try to see if possible with mine, before having to add more bits to get things to work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.