Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In their last issue there was a small line that read:

Ford has been stung by a luke warm reception for the Ecosport. It's now working flat out to produce "more premium" editions for Europe.
Vignale EcoSport?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Is the reception lukewarm? I would think that the Ecosport would be of interest to people living in cities, since it's smaller than the average SUV and seems to be made for city driving. Maybe Ford needs to up the advertising and cater it to the city driver.

·
Registered
20 Posts
With further work I'm sure Ford will upgrade the EcoSport as people start requesting features. I think perhaps they need to remember that it is a crossover of the Fiesta and a SUV. So it will have some features of an SUV but still drive like a car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think they've done a lot to try and cut costs and reduce the price to the consumer but that means a lack of a lot of features a lot of people want. Ford should have probably spent some more time improving the packages offered, at least for the consumers who will want more premium features added on.

·
Premium Member
26,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's unusual for Ford to produce a "rubbish" car these days, but it'll be interesting to read all the reviews once they come out. I'll be testing one in May.

Please excuse my brevity, sent from my Sony Xperia

·
Registered
27 Posts
The thing is they aren't taking into consideration the price of the car. It it had a super expensive price tag then sure, I wouldn't be convinced either. But when you take a look at the price tag and then take a look at what you get, I think you get a lot of value for your money!

·
Registered
31 Posts
They want more luxury features at this price? Quite ridiculous isn't it? The car doesn't belong in that segment and if they do want extra features like that it'll belong in a higher segment, and then they'll say it doesn't match up to the power of proper SUVs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think some magazines are a bit too tough on vehicles. I get that they aren't supposed to be super easy on their reviews, but some of them point out "flaws" that don't seem like flaws to me at all. It's kind of irritating.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts