Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

New to the forum so apologies if this has already been a thread.
I have a 57 plate mondeo zetec. Great car, with everything i need.

I do alot of long journeys, and regularly plug my iphone into the aux for satnav and music. Everything was working fine, no problems for about 6 months, then all of a sudden the aux started working intermittently.

I bought a new aux cable, new iphone adaptor (a handful of different ones) and it has just stopped working. I get the static noise when i initially plug in, but no sound when playing anything. I have tried with other devices, and androids or anything thats just a jack seem to work. Its just stopped working with iphones for some reason.

I seen a similar thread, and i have done the radio reset (holding the on/off button until the sterio resets) and also the 'hidden menu' to make sure the aux input is on, but none of this has worked.

Didnt know if anybody has anything similar?

Thanks in advance.

·
Little Megger
4,565 Posts
Have you got an old iPhone you can use to test the connection with?.. or someone else's you can borrow?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you got an old iPhone you can use to test the connection with?.. or someone else's you can borrow?
Unfortunately not, going to try with a few more devices to check... Havent checked in a while, might not even work with any device anymore! will check and update

1 - 3 of 3 Posts