Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 2010 Mk4 2.0 tdci the average mpg figure resets itself whenever the engine is turned off. I believe it should keep the figures until the reset button is pressed. Everything with the computer ie, trip, instant mpg, temp, distance to empty etc all seem to be working correctly. Is there a internal battery somewhere that keeps the avg memory alive??

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
WoW!! 70 looks and no one knows any answers to my strange problem. Anyway, that doesn't matter now as the other day had a stage 1 remap done and it is now holding it's memory.

·
I Love Diesel
2,481 Posts
Hi. I would have said that the function should not reset unless you reset it yourself (it says as much in the owner's manual). However, I'm not a Mk4 owner so was waiting for a Mk4 owner to reply. I was going to ask you if the average MPH was the same?

·
Super Moderator
31,294 Posts
Never noticed mine doing it, could be a voltage issue. Battery voltage dipping a little low when starting the engine
causing it to reset?

Could probably test that by only turning the ignition on and not starting the car to see if its reset before cranking
the engine? Does the average mpg show the previous journey figure before starting the engine and only reset
after cranking?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Never noticed mine doing it, could be a voltage issue. Battery voltage dipping a little low when starting the engine
causing it to reset?

Could probably test that by only turning the ignition on and not starting the car to see if its reset before cranking
the engine? Does the average mpg show the previous journey figure before starting the engine and only reset
after cranking?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought it was perhaps a voltage issue, so when I got in and only switched the ignition on it would show zero's on the average mpg and instant. Not sure what it showed on average speed as I never looked at that. However, as mentioned above, it is now sorted. :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts