Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my car has started making a funny popping noise when you get on the pedal after changing gear..
every change it does it..gas off, change gear, gas on, poppoppop... my mate says it sounds like its burning fuel outside the combustion chamber?
is this due to a sticky valve?
what can i do? is it recon head time?

·
Everybody lies
4,863 Posts
You have not reached the statutory amount of views that is required to get an an answer to your problem.

Keep trying mate, I`ve viewed this post a couple of times and I could`nt tell you whats wrong, someone will pop in and find the time to pass on their experience.

·
Registered
41 Posts
hi mate mine did that the other day found out it was the plugs and leads needed replacing now works fine. Is it hesitating or just makeing the noise????

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SLIGHT hesitation, but not all the time, and the noise. it had new leads recently tho? or could they be the problem?

·
MEG Sergeant
2,146 Posts
you could of had a duffer of a lead. i would check um at night just incase if not then i dunna know sorry.

·
Registered
41 Posts
It could be the plugs or the coil pack???
Have u got a set of leads of a car that works try them to eliminate the problem.
also make sure all the connectors on the coil pack are on nice and firm with no corrosion on the connectors.apart from that have no ideas????
if i think of anything else i will let u know.

have u replaced the plugs?????

1 - 8 of 8 Posts