MEG Sergeant
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She went for her fitness test today and

She passed her medical
She passed her drugs misuse test
She passed her Bleep Test

She sadly failed on the push/pull achieving 27kg when you have to make 35kg

She has just been on the phone crying her heart out really upset so she needs some cheering up guys and girls.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Sorry to hear that mate, i'm sure she'll be able to retake the test... get her down the gym for acouple of weeks then go for it again.

Tell her not to give up mate

Damo

·
MEG Sergeant
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She has to go back in May for a retest, but only as far as I am Aware to do the push/pull

Thanks for the words Damo

·
Registered
12,423 Posts
Oh mate i am gutted for you and jodi, she will do it mate, just keep trying thats all you can do, but well done for getting this far, you WILL DO IT JODI BABE

·
Banned
716 Posts
Fitness Tests are a bummer. I am in the RNR and they have just introduced a yearly fitness test, phased in in age groups. Meaning I have to pass by September. I either have to do the bleep test or a 2.4km run in 12 min 34 sec or less. Had to do both these tests plus sit ups, press ups and a shuttle sprint when I first joined. Long time ago (and I had rather less time to do the run in in those days). So I am in the gym 3 times a week on the treadmill (weather too rotten for out door running). I am running for an hour, so far manged 11km, but still not fast enough for the test (need average of about 11.5km/hr. You would think if I can run 11km at 11km/hr, 2.4 km at 11.5km/hr would be no problem, but dam the bit of it. Upto about 11 km/hr I do not get out of breath, and it is a matter of leg stamina, above 11km/hr and I start to get badly out of breath and so forth. Annoying think is loads of blokes struggle with this test but all the girls/woman pass, which tell me they have made too much allowance for the gender. I can almost walk 2.4km in the time even teenage girls are allowed for the 'run'.

·
Old school Meg member
6,847 Posts
dont worry Jodi when your carrying all those shopping bags it will build up strength, Rich likes shopping!!

·
Registered
9,474 Posts
my little bro failed his physical to get in the army, he's only a slight little fella but he really wanted to join up....he was gutted and gave up and now he works with the old man.....don't give up, get down the gym and try again.... :L

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
awww shame m8 maybe you can let her push/pull you about a bit for next time :L

·
Support the Vulcan XH558
2,992 Posts
Jeeze...gutted for Ya Jodi, I spoke to Rich earlier today and wished you well...thankfully you get another go an I'm sure you will far exceed the 35kg target..

Treat yerself this weekend, you deserve it.. :L

Gaz

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
WilliamLX said:
Fitness Tests are a bummer. I am in the RNR and they have just introduced a yearly fitness test, phased in in age groups. Meaning I have to pass by September. I either have to do the bleep test or a 2.4km run in 12 min 34 sec or less. Had to do both these tests plus sit ups, press ups and a shuttle sprint when I first joined. Long time ago (and I had rather less time to do the run in in those days). So I am in the gym 3 times a week on the treadmill (weather too rotten for out door running). I am running for an hour, so far manged 11km, but still not fast enough for the test (need average of about 11.5km/hr. You would think if I can run 11km at 11km/hr, 2.4 km at 11.5km/hr would be no problem, but dam the bit of it. Upto about 11 km/hr I do not get out of breath, and it is a matter of leg stamina, above 11km/hr and I start to get badly out of breath and so forth. Annoying think is loads of blokes struggle with this test but all the girls/woman pass, which tell me they have made too much allowance for the gender. I can almost walk 2.4km in the time even teenage girls are allowed for the 'run'.
what's your fitness regeme gotta do with how low jodi must be feeling, supposed to be a cheering up thread not a 'look what i do' one

anyway good luck on the next one jodi :) now you know what to expect it'll be easier the next time :L

·
Tyne & Wear Meets Organiser
6,047 Posts
Lmao @ what dixie said!

So gutted for ya jodi :( but as already said, youve went WAY further than a hell of a lot of people already! get yourself down the gym and build up your strength, im 100% sure youll pass next time round!

Good Luck for your re-test!!!! :D

·
Registered
10,167 Posts
Arh sorry to hear that. give us a shout if you want a few tips to train towards those goals. i can set you a routine that will deffo get you thro, if you want too. you passed the hardest bit, now lets get over that final little tiny winy little step.

·
6,836 Posts
Im to unfit know id fail, know jodi done well to achieve wot she did, dont let it get you down, you did amazingly well.

·
Registered
4,464 Posts
dont give up jodi keep training you will deffo get there you did great to get has far as you did keep the training up you;; do it

·
Registered
202 Posts
Fanx guys for your messages!!

Am suffering now, have had a really bad cold for 2 weeks now and still went today.. The bleep test took it out of me as I've been coughing so much. Had no energy to do the push and pull, am really disappointed in myself but I can't choose my time for getting a cold.

Just coz I failed the push and pull today doesn't mean I failed overall, I'm going back in May to re take the push and pull part of the test. Been told to up my protein intake so I'm now drinking a protein supplement.… NOT NICE! Tastes like talcum powder.… Lol

Back @ the gym tomorrow gonna shuv those weights and get through this..

Jodi :L :L :L

·
IS BACK!!
2,976 Posts
i really do feel for you mate, don't let it put you off though, keep up your fitness routine but maybe add some push ups or seated bench presses at a gym if you're a member of one just to add a little more upper body strength. but, if i was you i'd treat myself to a posh meal and a few drinky-winky's (obviously at your boyfriends expense! :L ) just remember that you haven't failed massively and its only a small obstacle to get around and you've got all the moral support you'll ever need on here. chin up! :L

·
Registered
10,167 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Keep it up jodi, i know a couple of people in the met. Ladies, so if they can help you i can put you in touch? Chin up hun :L :L :L :L :L :L

1 - 20 of 36 Posts