Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought a 2000 1.8 Verona. It is fitted with a CD compatible 5000 radio/cassette. I want a CD changer and according to the owners manual it goes under the passenger seat but I can't see how it would be fixed or plugged in. Apologies if I have missed the obvious.

Thanks, Mim

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello m8, Im new on here but as I work in this field I thought I'd sign up to see if I could help a fellow Mondeo owner. Essentually there is a loom of wire that comes out of your radio and goes under the carpet to the passenger seat and pops up near to the under seat vent. If you dont have one already tucked away (and you probably don't) you can make one or you can buy one made up from a Ford dealer (I can get you the code). The biggest problem is getting the plugs if you make your own.

If you was looking to buy a CD Changer from somewhere best try and get the cable too plus the mounting brackets, then its easy job done. Only other thing your need is radio removal keys to pop the radio out. Hope this helps. Trev.

·
Megger
122 Posts
Hi,

I have just fitted a CD changer to my Mondeo, it to has a 5000 radio.
This is what I did-
I had, from my old car, a Sony radio and CD changer. The CD changer was mounted in the boot with a LONG wire that ran, under the carpet / door trim to the front.
In my new car, I decided that I would like to keep the Ford radio, because of the remote control and auto volume functions. The obvious problem is that the Sony CD changer wire doesn't plug into the Ford radio. I found an adapter unit, made by soundlinx, that did the job, cost £25 plus postage. I mounted the CD changer in the boot and ran the wire to the front (passenger side). It tucks very easily under the carpet / door trims. Pull out the radio with the std U shaped prongy things. Plug the adapter in the radio, plug the CD changer wire into the adapter, refit the radio, sit back, light your pipe, and enjoy your handy work!
Joking apart, it was dead easy. 1 hour max. The only bit to think about is fitting the CD changer. (drilling the boot etc).
Soundlinx make adapters that convert various CD changers. The only slight downside with my Sony CD changer is that it has 10 discs, but the Ford radio can only access 6. All 10 do work, but the last 4 only play sequentially, after playing CD 6. ie If you want to play CD 9, you have to 'seek' through 6,7,8 to get to it.

Hope this helps!
:L

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.