Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Saabnessness is mine!
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi peeps,

My mate has a MkII Ghia x and the battery has died in his key so he can no longer remote lock/unlock car. It still works in lock though.

** Firstly, does anyone know how much a new battery costs.

** Secondly, is it a simple case of replace battery and off you go or will he need to do any re-programming nonsense?

Thanks

·
Working on the Choo-Choo trains
1,950 Posts
£12.99 in my local Fords for them to replace the battery and do the coding.

·
LED Extraordinaire
8,458 Posts
Just change the battery... a few ££££'s on ebay or at the supermarket.
The locking modual will have stored the key frequency so it will work with just replacing the battery ;)

·
MEG Commander
6,006 Posts
Batteries are off the top of my head 1026 types and are available from Halfords, once changed the fob will need recoding, instructions are available at www.Mirez.co.uk

Steve

·
1,950 Posts
guardtower said:
Mine kept working.
That's a good point, it's the car that's coded to the key isn't it - not the other way round? So the key shouldn't need re-doing?

·
1,950 Posts
Dixie68 said:
guardtower said:
Mine kept working.
That's a good point, it's the car that's coded to the key isn't it - not the other way round? So the key shouldn't need re-doing?
... er... if you see what I mean - that's not exactly good English is it lol? :innocent:

·
Registered
273 Posts
If you're quick with the battery change I think it will still work.

If you're like me and phaff around too long you may need to reprogram the plippy key. I had to reprogram mine...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.