Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
MEG Sergeant
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My battery is drained again this morning. For a week ago after last weekend my battery was compleete drained 0,3V. There are a indikater in a little glass that has been red for a while even after I charged it with a electrical chargher. So I concluded the battery was worn. So I decided to buy a new battery. But this morning tha new battery was drained too. Coudn't even activate the central lock system. So fit som starting cables and it sstarted first time and drive perfect and charge fine.
Any surggest what coud corse the draining.

JaR

·
MEG Sergeant
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot only thing thats different after first draining (reset ecu) is the engine doesnt stay by 1200 rpm at idle when car still drive. The idle fall to about 850 rpm when the accelerator is depressed and in neutral or activated clutch pedal.

JaR

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
check the voltage accross the battery when engine is running should read 14.4v or around that if not you have an alternator problem or wiring short.

·
MEG Sergeant
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This wont be an easy one I guess. I messured the charge voltage thats about 14.50V and thats fine I guess. But when I messured the leak current there wasn't any at all. Im an electronic mecanic so I mean I know how to messure the right way.
An intermitted fault I just love it :evil:

JaR

·
Administrator
13,790 Posts
So with what frequency is this fault appearing? Every day / other day / weekly?

Personally I'd start with any circuits that I've modified - remove the fuse(s) nightly one by one until the fault disapears - then you know what circuit is causing the fault.

·
MEG Sergeant
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The complete battery discharge was after the car has been unused from friday evening until monday morning. With the new battery there was a weak light in the interior light (front back and foot well) all factory fitted. it stood still from this saturday until monday morning with no starting problem at all
There are a very weak flashing in the light outside and insid for few minutes after starting the car then it dissapear compleete. But it isnt every time its started. Yesterday the weak flashing apper after it stood still 10 minutes or so.
Only thing tha I has fitted is the Pioneer hu without ext. amplifire (yet)

Cool avatar btw does it exist in a bigger version?

JaR

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
i assume you mean alternator :thumbup: , sounds more like a drain on the battery to me , this may sound daft but have you checked to make sure something daft like an underbonnet light or boot light is staying on with the ignition off , long shot i know but worth checking :L

·
MEG Sergeant
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
paulyoung666 said:
i assume you mean alternator :thumbup: , sounds more like a drain on the battery to me , this may sound daft but have you checked to make sure something daft like an underbonnet light or boot light is staying on with the ignition off , long shot i know but worth checking :L
Yes I mean altenator

I have just checked boot light and yes it stayed on very emberising (cant spell I know) Next where is the contact

But that wont tell the flashing lights.

JaR

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
which flashing lights , must have missed that bit , electrical systems can get a bit weird when underpowered !!!!!!!!!! , anyway , simple things first , take the bulb out of the boot light and go from there :L :L :L

·
MEG Sergeant
1,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
paulyoung666 said:
which flashing lights
There are a very weak flashing in the light outside and insid for few minutes after starting the car then it dissapear compleete. But it isnt every time its started. Yesterday the weak flashing apper after it stood still 10 minutes or so. Today it flashed again after 10 miles or so. Sometimes when driving at low speed and low revs (below 2000 rpm the car doesnt drive smooth.
Nothing under acceleration.

Its not nessasary to take the bulbs out I always fit a switch to turn boot lights off on my cars

JaR

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.