Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Megger
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What ho one and all,

To the best of my knowledge, all parts of the steering and suspension are tight and OK. I don't think there is anything loose or wobbly; but what do I know?

Very soon, need four new tyres on my Mk3; all are about 1.5mm short of the limit. One front is starting to show fabric on the inside edge!

Obviously alignment is called for but should I arrange before the new tyres or after? Since the equipment fits to the rims, I feel before is OK, but.....?

Thanks and toodle pip

Rex

·
dont listen to me, you'll have horsepower and
3,265 Posts
Most tyre places offer tracking so have it done all at the same time

·
Megger
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, I know so I guess it seems like a dumb question.

But I really dislike tyre shops; grubby, staffed by those who do not care about my wheels and manage to chip / scratch the paint and, being the whimp that I am, feel intimidating..

So I use E-Tyres. I can buy from a vast range on-line and they come and fit in the drive and balance. Not a thug, has always cared for my wheels and I can sit at home having a nice cuppa while SWMBO intimidates me!

Hence my question, before or after or it makes no difference?

·
dont listen to me, you'll have horsepower and
3,265 Posts
Yep, I know so I guess it seems like a dumb question.

But I really dislike tyre shops; grubby, staffed by those who do not care about my wheels and manage to chip / scratch the paint and, being the whimp that I am, feel intimidating..

So I use E-Tyres. I can buy from a vast range on-line and they come and fit in the drive and balance. Not a thug, has always cared for my wheels and I can sit at home having a nice cuppa while SWMBO intimidates me!

Hence my question, before or after or it makes no difference?
Makes much more sense now. If that's the case I'd have the tracking done after you've had the new tyres especially if your current tyres are in bad shape

·
Megger
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. Makes sense.

Now to choose the tyres!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.