Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Little Megger
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:stupid:

i know this gonna sound dumb but oh well here goes.

i just recently bought my 3rd mondeo, an st200 v6 2.5ltr reg 1999.

does it have a timing belt or a chain ?

real dumb eh lol

·
Casual window shopper!
715 Posts
Chain driven so not much to worry about there.
Worth changing the waterpump for the metal bladed type at the first oppotunity as the standard plastic blades are known for falling apart without warning and trashing the engine with over heating. Cheap replacement, easy job so I really should get round to changing mine too! :whistling:
Apart from that just enjoy the power and the sound! :L
Chris.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Sorry to dig this back up, just need abit of info.
Are all the mk2 v6's chain driven? Coz im sure theres a belt on my 2000 st24, or is this for somethin different? thanks

·
Man in a Jag
15,051 Posts
All Mondeo V6's are Chain, and all engines (Petrol and Diesel) on the MK3 are Chain too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
the only belts that are one the engine are the auxillary belts that run the air conditioning, water pump, etc. there will be a big one on the left side of your engine & a small one on the right side of your engine. the small one on the right is the belt that runs your water pump, check if the small pulley at the bottom is black or gold. if its black then you got a plastic pump. the timing chains are inside the engine, so you wont be able to see them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.