Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seemed to have filled up my brake reservoir with GREEN BENDIX LHM+, and a mechanic (french) tells me that as it will rot the rubber seals, I must now change all the pistons and the master cylinder. Is this true?

·
Everybody lies
4,863 Posts
We cant know everything! But I would guess you just need to refill with proper brake fluid making sure you replace it all, ie, completly drain, use the car for a few days then do it again.

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
but with that tiny seed of doubt planted about rotting seals in the back of your mind would you really want to take a chance with your brakes !!!!!!!!!!!!! , chances are as well the rotting would take place over months and by then you would most likely have forgotten about the whole thing because everything seems okay , brake failure is not funny and if there was an accident and the police checked your car out who knows where it might end up .....................

·
Everybody lies
4,863 Posts
O.k. It depends on how much you actually put in, did you just top up the resovoir? If so then my original guess still stands, if you got quite a bit in then I would look to changing the seals in the brake system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.