·
Registered
82 Posts
ok im ready to get my new pipe!

Miltek stainless single tailpipe system Cat Back £250 @ebay brand new

Mongoose Single tailpipe system from cat back £260 @ebay brand new

Mongoose Twin Tailpipe system fromCat Back £295 @ ebay Brand New

Blueflame Twin Tailpipe system from Cat Back £275 @ ebay brand new

i live near to Blueflame Exhausts and have asked them if they can fit me Twin Exit system on my ST24, it needs hole cutting in back bumper to fit 2nd tailpipe - they told me they can do that for me

problem is ive heard the blueflame system through their site on an st200 i dont know if im keen - also im not sure about the Slash Cut tailpipe style on their backbox

ive had Mongoose systems on Cosworths i owned few years back and they sounded great but that was a turbo to back 3" all through with 4" tailpipe set up!

ive never heard the Miltek systems blow

whats everyones opinions please for the overall best Exhaust for both Sound and Performance (+extra BHP - ive already got an induction kit fitted to accompany the exhaust)

thanks in advance :L

·
Beetle Driver
2,842 Posts
I'd get the Blueflame. Although they make Mongoose most people complained about poor fit and tail pipes at strange angles on the Mongoose. I fitted a Mongoose to my Mk2 V6 and it sounded great but the tail pipes were way off line.

·
MEG Sergeant
2,338 Posts
ive got the mongoose fitted to my st & it lined up ok so could be the luck of the draw if they line up through the holes ok :L

·
I'm Bang Tidy
9,548 Posts
Cobrasport,on my MK3,fully fitted,£285.

·
Registered
0 Posts
i have just fitted a blueflame system to my st200 and it fited perfectly. its not much louder than std but deeper and burbly under accel, this will improve with time once there is carbon build up in the silencers :woot: .
i wasnt sure about the slashcut ends either [as i,m a more outward rolled kind of guy.lol] but now its on i like it a lot, they are not plain pipes either tho, they are fully formed well made . i would post a pic but its dark out.

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
twin exit mongoose all the way
best system you can get plus been around a lot of years
they get good gains of power/torque and they are not to loud either
if they made twins for the 2.0 16v i would have a mongoose over any of the others
coz they give the best results and the quality of their systems are :first: class
plus i had never heard anything bad about them either
i have done with scorpion,blueflame
scorpion are a bit droney
blueflame the rear can exits dont sit right angle wise
not hared anything bad about milltek have heard good things about them
piper are very good too have had one of their systems on my last mondeo sound great too plus the cheapest out all the rest
janspeed hmm were do you start they tend to rot out

have a word with colins performance about a mongoose i think they can make them up as a custom fit too
i have emailed and chatted a few times to them great bunch up there and know there stuff!!!
when buying a ss system always best to shop around too !!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well fitted my new Mongoose system today! :thumbup:

got it off ebay brand new for £260

single 3.5" tailpipe cat back system

fitted it myself today, and couldnt believe how easy it was, no adjustments were made to anything, just fastened it all up and everything lined up perfectly......even the Tailpipe through the hole in rear bumper!

took car out for a spin and was well impressed, sounds lovely, not too loud

would recommend the Mongoose to anyone looking for a stainless defo! :L

·
Registered
9 Posts
What's every ones opinion on the Sebring Technology SS kit? I've browsed through the site and listened to most of the clips. Sounds impressive, but I don't know anything about the quality. Has any one had any experience with their fitment? Any and all opinions needed. It's a bit expensive for a SS Kit, but then again, so is Borla over here in the states. Thanks in advance. Now for a ... :beer:

·
Registered
2,906 Posts
palehorse your better off with a
mongoose system from a st200 which is same as svt contours mongoose is used by loads of tuners over here in the uk and is the best plus gains the best gains of power etc and is not to loud
sebrings arn't bad but mainly aimmed at merc's and bmw's etc :L

·
Administrator
7,576 Posts
I've got the Blueflame ST200 system on my V6 and it's great. Fit is good and it sounds good too without being over the top.
Here's a pic of it, excuse the crap quality but you get the point.

·
Administrator
7,576 Posts
DaXx said:
I dont suppose a ST200 system would fit on a Mk2 1.8??
The only bit i'm doubtful about is where it joins the downpipe/cat as that will be different. The rest of the system would fit straight on though, as all the hangers are in the same places.

Why not go for a Powerflow or Longlife custom job?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.