Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Firstly "Merry Christmas One and All ... :D "

However,some sad news just before Christmas...for me anyway.. :sad:

Just had Ford call back after diagnostics carried out ...... all 3 CATS are blocked and they don't make them anymore ...... :mad: :BEEP:

They suggested going to scrapyard (to find 3 CATS) or looking on the WWW.

Can anyone give me any good ideas or suggestions to sort me CATS out. This could be the end of a beautiful relationship .... :sad:

:thankyousign:

'95 2.5 V6 Auto 0-30mph in a whopping 10 minutes (downhill with a tail wind)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have to think about this carefully as the value of the car could be way exceeded by the cost of parts and fitting. With the Mongoose system would it replace the manifold CATS? and, is it an engine out to do this? .... rock and a hard place comes to mind.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Managed to get the old girl to a garage i know and they split the system from the main CAT back. Sounded well better. Connected system back up and it was like holding your nose, well stifled trying to breath.

The boys there reckon the middle box has collapsed OR it's clogged up with bits of CAT ... :shifty:

Rear box and tailpipe only a few months old but could be the nearside rear box ....

Anyway, middle section delivered tomorrow and fitted when I get up from sleeping off nights. :yawn:

So could Mr Ford be wrong or will the plot thicken? :whistling:

Let you know outcome tomoz PM.

:L

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:L result

To cut a long story short, the nearside rear box had broken up and completely blocked the back box, which was only fitted in October (backbox that is)

So the centre was fine. Put new rear boxes on and now we're breathing a whole lot better :banana: :banana: :banana:

Incidently the diagnostics carried out at Ford had no faults from the ECU .... mmm!

Merry Christmas all :D :D :D :beer:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.