Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Little Megger
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive heard getting a bigger intercooler wil improve power and torque, has anyone done this and where can i get one from???

·
MEG Sergeant
1,404 Posts
u can get massive universal ones off ebay for about 100 quid but then ud have to work out what pipeing ud need,

but for about a tenner u can buy just about any chrome pipe and then ud need a few silicone adaptors,

also saab 9000 intercoolers are massive and are abotu 30-40quid!

·
Just me
19,673 Posts
How much bigger can you get in the front of a MK3. There does not look to be loads of room in the front of mine

·
Window licking mong
39,488 Posts
i think either brianpotter or hellfire done it on a TDCi, you will need some kind of remap to make it work properly, and it may need some jiggery pokery (possibly cut bumper) relocating things. on my mk2 TD the PAS cooler had to be repositioned for the big intercooler

·
Just me
19,673 Posts
Cool, love to see some pics of it.

I was having a nose about under the bonnet today wondering what could be done :whistling:

·
Diesel Head
1,929 Posts
saab 9000 have big intercooler so im told and you can pick em up cheap

·
Little Megger
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
when i took the front bumper off mine to do all the stone chips on it at work, you could double the size of the intercooler in height and not need to modify anything, we use a company at work (i work in a bodyshop) that could prob make one up for me, i thought id ask if there was a big gain from doing it before i enquired
when i do ill post up how much and how easy lol

why would a re map need to be done though???

·
Diesel Head
1,929 Posts
surely the sensors on the engine should accomadate the lower temp braught on by the bigger I.C.

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
ive got a merc sprinter intercooler i know its wider than a mk2 radiator and pipe holes aim towards the rad when fitted so you can fit them down the side of it

i will be selling it too its brand new.

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts

1 - 10 of 10 Posts