fancyplates.com :L

·
Just me
19,673 Posts
You will prob get a warning and told to replace them

·
MEG Corporal
2,801 Posts
..And probably have to go to a MOT station to get them checked, which could cost you ££

·
Just me
19,673 Posts

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
id like black numberplates on my car shame you cant though maybe if they invented some that had yellow and white borders they would be ok

·
LED Extraordinaire
8,458 Posts
If you fit the black ones it will probably be a £30 fixed penalty, worst case a prohibition (sp) notice and a new mot......
Its not worth the risk.

·
TDDI Buff
37,060 Posts
he was lucky then

·
Just me
19,673 Posts
kithmo said:
IIRC "L" reg was the changeover reg, 1st January 1973. They started making the new Yellow/white ones in 1972, "K" reg, but they became compulsory after 1/1/73.
That is correct :L

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
lozisbest said:
my mates isle of man calibra had black plates! he drove it around for about a year and was never stopped!
maybe the roooooools are different over there :whistling: , you gotta stick to the rooooooooools or the man will get ya , anyone care to name the film :D :D :D :D

·
Never knowingly understood
23,164 Posts
paulyoung666 said:
lozisbest said:
my mates isle of man calibra had black plates! he drove it around for about a year and was never stopped!
maybe the roooooools are different over there :whistling: , you gotta stick to the rooooooooools or the man will get ya , anyone care to name the film :D :D :D :D
'MAN' plates can be this type iirc, there's a volvo in the work's carpark with an Isle of Man black one.... Can't remember the reason they're allowd tho ???

·
MEG Captain
4,819 Posts
MScotts said:
paulyoung666 said:
lozisbest said:
'MAN' plates can be this type iirc, there's a volvo in the work's carpark with an Isle of Man black one.... Can't remember the reason they're allowd tho ???
can you name the film though :whistling: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

·
Quo fan
1,539 Posts
Dansmondeo said:
kithmo said:
IIRC "L" reg was the changeover reg, 1st January 1973. They started making the new Yellow/white ones in 1972, "K" reg, but they became compulsory after 1/1/73.
That is correct :L
I remember my Dad having a G reg Cortina which had the yellow/white plates, so they were in circulation before K reg. However, 1973 is the correct year for them being compulsory and as has been correctly stated, cars younger than that are not allowed to have black/silver ones for road use.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.