Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

My airbag lamp suddenly started blinking and I lost the horn. The airbag lamps blinks once, then a 5 sec. break and it blinks once again, and so on.. After searching the web I found that this means there is something wrong with the drivers airbag. I'm thinking that there must be som bad connention in the steering column since both the airbag and the horn failed at the same time. Anyone got an idea of what it could be? I have an 1999 1.8 Ford mondeo stv. Any help would be apreaciated.

·
Big Megger
197 Posts
If you remove the steering wheel you will see there is a 360 degree pivit point under the steering wheel,there could be a bad connection on this or dirt has got inside,causing a broken circuit this could be causing your problem.
Cheers Blokie :thumbup:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Remove the steering wheel? Sounds dangerous :shifty:
I'm not exactely what you could call a car expert, how would I do this (without the airbag going off)?

·
MEG Corporal
1,387 Posts
It could be the clockspring, behind the stearing wheel. There was a thread on here about it the other day. one of the faults is a flashing airbag light, and you loose the horn. You have to take the stearing wheel and the airbag off, but disconect the battery first, then wait 15-20 mins before touching the airbag or its conections, and it shouldn't go off.

Just found this, how to change the stearing wheel.

http://www.fordmondeo.org/forum/showtopic.php?tid/733814/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.