Ford Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Fat, round & bounces off the ground
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rant time:
Bloody gritters need to check the gravel they are chucking out as me windscreen took a direct hit off a canny sized lump last night as i drove past one.

Am now looking at a lovely chip and 20 inch crack across the middle of it and a hefty bill to get it replaced as me insurance won't cover it and the council won't admit to feck all !!!

£520 quote for me MK 2 98 LX from Auto Windscreens made me choke on me coffee, but mate in trade can get a unheated for £120 fitted or £240 heated.

Anyone know if thats a good price?

·
Now in the Far East...
2,727 Posts
Gosh that's unlucky... especially on the single carriage way.. A roads which is always too late when you realise that's a gritter coming towards you...

Encountered that once but luckily only had a huge splash on the windscreen and no damages...

£240.... sounds good enough it seems...

May add windscreen insurance when renewing the policy... coz i do most journies on A roads!

Phil

·
Gavin T
9,319 Posts
£520 is very expensive as i recenlty discovered. A bloke came into my place of work to replace the windscreen on one of the forklifts. While he was there i thought i would ask how much it would be to replace the screen in my car as i had a couple of chips in it and was worried about the MOT. He looked in his big book of prices and said he could fit one for £270 (heated). Ive since had the chips repaired by Autoglass and the car MOT'd so didnt need it anyway. If i were you mate i would shop around a bit.

·
Just me
19,673 Posts
I am with Glenn on this one, I now always make sure I have windscreen cover. I had to have two new screens within 6 weeks earlier in the year and I think he said they were around £630 each!

·
MEG Commander
6,006 Posts
Bad luck mate, thats not a bad price but try a few local mobile fitters out of the yellow pages, I got an unheated screen fitted for £80, did a good job as well.

Steve

·
I'm Bang Tidy
9,548 Posts
Thats is bad luck,especially at this time of
year,consider having Glass cover on your insurance
just incase,it's only £50 well worth it. :L

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.